Home

Official player ratings

This is a discussion on Official player ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #65
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15
OS HAS SPOKEN!

Well we've had a ton of ratings already in this thread, so I added them all up, divided by the number of votes and I'll post the average overalls for those players who currently have 4 (or more) votes. I rounded up at .50:
QB
  • P.Manning 10 votes = 97
  • T.Brady 10 votes = 97
  • P.Rivers 5 votes = 89
  • B. Roethlisberger 9 votes = 89
  • D. Brees 4 votes = 90
RB
  • L.Tomlinson 7 votes = 91
  • A. Peterson 9 votes = 94
  • M. Turner 5 votes = 87
  • D.Williams 4 votes = 87
  • B. Westbrook 4 votes = 89
WR
  • L. Fitzgerald 6 votes = 95
  • A. Johnson 4 votes = 95
  • C. Johnson 4 votes = 88
  • R. Moss 4 votes = 91
TE
  • A. Gates 4 votes = 95
DB
  • E. Reed 4 votes = 97

thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: OS HAS SPOKEN!

Manning - 99
Brady - 97
Brees - 94
Warner - 93
McNabb - 92
Rivers - 87
Rodgers - 86
Romo - 89
Hassellbeck - 82
Roethlisberger - 85
Cutler - 84
REASONING - All these players are what the league is built around, Franchise QBs. I suggest, and predict, that beyond these players, no one will/should be rated above an 80.
Thoughts?

Last edited by iBlievN5; 04-01-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #67
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber
Well we've had a ton of ratings already in this thread, so I added them all up, divided by the number of votes and I'll post the average overalls for those players who currently have 4 (or more) votes. I rounded up at .50:

QB
  • P.Manning 10 votes = 97
  • T.Brady 10 votes = 97
  • P.Rivers 5 votes = 89
  • B. Roethlisberger 9 votes = 89
  • D. Brees 4 votes = 90
RB
  • L.Tomlinson 7 votes = 91
  • A. Peterson 9 votes = 94
  • M. Turner 5 votes = 87
  • D.Williams 4 votes = 87
  • B. Westbrook 4 votes = 89
WR
  • L. Fitzgerald 6 votes = 95
  • A. Johnson 4 votes = 95
  • C. Johnson 4 votes = 88
  • R. Moss 4 votes = 91
TE
  • A. Gates 4 votes = 95
DB
  • E. Reed 4 votes = 97
thoughts?
I never thought I'd say this but... Andre Johnson is over-rated (in our voting). He torched the Bears last year, so I know he is good, but he's no better than Moss. I say him and Moss should both be a 93.

Oh yeah, and to the ridiculous Chargers fans: Stop rating your own players. And Shawn Phillips (sp?) is not close to as good as you guys think. Neither is LT, but you can't expect a Chargers fan to let go of yesterday's MVP.

I'm going to propose a rule (as if I had some authority). No more rating home town players. Agreed? This will kill all California bias until they break off from our nation

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...

Last edited by mKoz26; 04-01-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #68
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Official player ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofficial
THANK YOU someone! finally! LT's carrying rating should be 1000! I heard either Al michaels or colinsworth... somebody say that he only fumbles once every 360+ carries. Thats a whole year! and yes, he played with 2 injuries, didn't see as much time as he normally does, and still came away with 1100 yards. I say he should be 94/5. I think the speed drop is appropriate as of now since we don't know how his injuries have affected his overall speed. And maybe take away his acceleration but overall.... i don't see the need to take away his stats really.
And also thank you. I think D ware has gotten too much hype. Shawne Merriman is an absolute beast, and contributes so much to the Charger's D. They never went below 40 sacks when he played. And this year they had only 28! Listen, according to Chargers.com, the year he got drafted they had 46 sacks. the year before that they had 29. Then in either 2007 or 2006, they got 61!

I don't think AP should be rated higher than LT. I also don't think D ware should be rated higher than Merriman.
LT- 94/5
Merriman-98
Rivers-89/90
Big Ben- 91
Gates- 97
Brady - 98
P. Manning -97
Fitzgerald - 96
AP - 92
S. Holmes - 88
Shawn Phillips - 92
Sproles - 100!!!! jk. 85.
Dude you have no idea what ur talkin about D.Ware IS better then marry man what happend after he stopped using the roids
Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
I never thought I'd say this but... Andre Johnson is over-rated (in our voting). He torched the Bears last year, so I know he is good, but he's no better than Moss. I say him and Moss should both be a 93.
Going into last season I would have to agree with you that randy should be on the same level as andre. This last year though watching him it really looked at times like he had lost a step and wasn't his same dominant self. I know people want to blame that on the qb but even just watching him play he didn't look as good as he had been and being a little older I could see him dropping a little more to the 88-90 type range. Andre on the other hand is either 1 or 2 among top receivers in the game when he is on the field. He has averaged more catches per game and more yards per game than moss each of the last 3 seasons, even moss's record breaking year.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
Manning - 99
Brady - 97
Brees - 94
Warner - 93
McNabb - 92
Rivers - 87
Rodgers - 86
Romo - 89
Hassellbeck - 82
Roethlisberger - 85
Cutler - 84
REASONING - All these players are what the league is built around, Franchise QBs. I suggest, and predict, that beyond these players, no one will/should be rated above an 80.
Thoughts?
First, I don't think mcnabb deserves more than a mid 80s. Warner will probably have a high rating like mentioned here but I don't think he really deserves more than around an 87. He had a great playoff run but lets look at his season objectively. Throughout the regular season the cards were 3-7 playing teams outside their division which was probably the weakest this year other than possibly the AFC west. He did put up great stats but that was with one of the top recieving corps.

I also have a tough time considering romo an 89. I think he is worse than rivers and have to place him down closer to cutler. Personally I would call them both around 81 or 82. I would probably move rodgers downt there as well. I also think the other manning needs some mention on this list, somewhere in the mid 80s.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
First, I don't think mcnabb deserves more than a mid 80s. Warner will probably have a high rating like mentioned here but I don't think he really deserves more than around an 87. He had a great playoff run but lets look at his season objectively. Throughout the regular season the cards were 3-7 playing teams outside their division which was probably the weakest this year other than possibly the AFC west. He did put up great stats but that was with one of the top recieving corps.

I also have a tough time considering romo an 89. I think he is worse than rivers and have to place him down closer to cutler. Personally I would call them both around 81 or 82. I would probably move rodgers downt there as well. I also think the other manning needs some mention on this list, somewhere in the mid 80s.
i see your points... the other manning, how about a 83-85 for him, he kinda rides the coattails a bit. i can see bringing romo down, but he has had some big games. i tried not to judge him to hard on his last game but i went overboard. Rivers is not that great of a QB to me, but alas he had a solid year. I love McNabb, not gonna lie on that one does more with less IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
i see your points... the other manning, how about a 83-85 for him, he kinda rides the coattails a bit. i can see bringing romo down, but he has had some big games. i tried not to judge him to hard on his last game but i went overboard. Rivers is not that great of a QB to me, but alas he had a solid year. I love McNabb, not gonna lie on that one does more with less IMO.
I don't think rivers is great, just better than romo. I was basically saying you got that one right and I didn't see romo being anywhere above that. While romo has put up the occasional big game he hasn't ever really been that consistent. He has some games where he is really good but also quite a few where he isn't very good.

As far as mcnabb, I like him too but he sometimes misses easy throws and he has his problems. I would around 86 or 87 but I wouldn't mind seeing him as high as 89 or 90. I wouldn't put him there but I wouldn't have a real problem with seeing him there.

As far as the other manning, I would have to say the lower part of mid 80s is pretty fitting. He has had a lot of ups and downs but I see him as a step above guys like cutler and romo due to his playoff run and the fact that he really played pretty good last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »