Home

Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

This is a discussion on Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

4 months ago this was quite an epic thread about refs and chain gang, which got QUITE heated:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum..****e-false.html

My favorite quote is below - from my boy Tyrant8RDFL from Queens (which I've actually had bookmarked all this time):

Quote:
Glad u guys(EA) feel you have a great team developing the game. Im 100% sure next years game wont be good. After experienceing what was given to us this year Im convinced you guys dont know the game of football at all. The running game alone displays your teams knowledge of the game. Its a horrible duplication of the NFL's true running game. This is something I would expect from a Bltiz game. You guys are so far behind, that it is insane. You guys focus so much on candy, that u have no idea about true simulation football. What EA needs to do is fire u guys and bring back the true sim developers they had in the past.

In 1 yr u cant make all the improvements alone in the gameplay that is needed , especailly in the AI department. The AI is bad, animations are bad, collision detection is bad, graphics are to cartoony, and You guys have all this stuff on presentation and specific player animations. Theres only so much you can do in that time.

U think im wrong then call me on it, but I can guarantee you that in AUG/SEPT this forum willl again be filled with angry members braking on how bad MADDEN 2010 is.
And now here we are, 4 months later worth of interaction, suggestions, changes, and information, and here is Tyrant's most recent post:

Quote:
Michael Young great Work!

This is crazy it kinda feels like a dream. To have you guys really hear what we want in a game, and see it being done. WOW can someone pinch me.

I never thought EA would actually go all out and involve a community like they are doing here and really deliver. Allot of us thought some of it would be done, but I'm seeing a ton of stuff being added to Madden 10 its getting scary lol.

I'm going all out to say for sure when they start releasing info on the presentation side of things we will be blown away!!!

Two thumbs up for Michael Young and his efforts with Madden 10 and NCAA 10.
Woohoo! Turnarounds like this make us happy...this has been a KEY goal for us all along - to truly prove to our loyal fans that our new design team isn't messing around.

There's still a long way to go - and believe me I'm not saying we've won the battle because we aren't even close to done (and no one has even played the game yet), but it does feel good that at the very least people can see our vision and improvements, and get on board that we're all in this together to make the best game possible. It's been an exciting ride so far, that's for sure.

Ok, enough retrospective...back to work.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
4 months ago this was quite an epic thread about refs and chain gang, which got QUITE heated:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum..****e-false.html

My favorite quote is below - from my boy Tyrant8RDFL from Queens (which I've actually had bookmarked all this time):

And now here we are, 4 months later worth of interaction, suggestions, changes, and information, and here is Tyrant's most recent post:

Woohoo! Turnarounds like this make us happy...this has been a KEY goal for us all along - to truly prove to our loyal fans that our new design team isn't messing around.

There's still a long way to go - and believe me I'm not saying we've won the battle because we aren't even close to done (and no one has even played the game yet), but it does feel good that at the very least people can see our vision and improvements, and get on board that we're all in this together to make the best game possible. It's been an exciting ride so far, that's for sure.

Ok, enough retrospective...back to work.

I can't believe you save stuff like this.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Well you've turned a lot of us skeptics to believers Ian. However, it's going to take a lot more "proof" to convince guys like FadeEmAll....lol.....He's one hard headed SOB....lol...J/k.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Ian, Why you always have to leave so early...Kick it with your boys sometimes...always work work work for you...

I don't even know you no more.........
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
I can't believe you save stuff like this.
lol - I have this post saved as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
I'm a VC fan myself, and if you can make Madden 2010's presentation as good as NFL2k5, I'll not only buy a copy, but tattoo the companies logo on my ***.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Now that's funny
Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
lol - I have this post saved as well:

That's priceless.....!!!!! LOL.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Amazing stuff so far, Ian. Keep it up. Let's get the penalty calling right, AI playcalling right, some fumbled snaps, dynamic weather affect on passing/running and maybe some more variety on special teams gameplay...and I believe my exhaustive list would be completely satisfied.

Keep it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »