Home

Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #33
Rookie

shad_moss93's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Scizzor kick in madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
They are two completely different moves. A stutter step is when you sort of chop your feet and then cut one way or the other. The Scissor Kick is the move that was (most likely) created by Walter Payton when he almost high steps his feet in order to confuse the defender ahead of him. I believe it was used to make him look like he was running faster than he actually was when he slowed down in a one-on-one situation. Then he would follow it up with another move like a spin and carry on running. I've never seen Marshawn Lynch use it, but it will probably never be used as efficiently as it was by Walter. RIP Sweetness.

Walter Payton - Playing Style

Quote:
"One of Payton's signature maneuvers was the "stutter-step," a high-stepping, irregularly paced run. He developed this as a way to distract his pursuers during long runs, saying that it startled them into thinking and gave him some advantage over players who were actually faster runners."
Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #34
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Wikipedia=bad source. You're talking to a Bears fan. It was called the Scissor Kick. Ever played APF 2k8? I don't think they coined the term.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 03-30-2009, 03:19 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
I used to be a wrestling fan myself. Can you dig it?
SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Technically this is a scissor kick:

Never thought I'd see the day when Peter Crouch would make it onto the Madden boards. Good work Ian!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:31 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 10

King Bookagh Scissor Kick. You win.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:01 AM   #38
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
That first soccer pic was a bicycle kick...correct?
Yes and no. Bicycle kick and scissor kick in soccer are the same thing. Just different names depending on who you ask and where they're from. Why Ian picked a picture of the least coordinated player in the world attempting it is another matter entirely

James Corden to Peter Crouch 'Crouchy, when I look at you everything tells me you should be rubbish at football'

Any football fans will enjoy this. Probably too many in-jokes though for non-supporters to get. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-LmeHkRQk
Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoulding
Yes and no. Bicycle kick and scissor kick in soccer are the same thing. Just different names depending on who you ask and where they're from. Why Ian picked a picture of the least coordinated player in the world attempting it is another matter entirely

James Corden to Peter Crouch 'Crouchy, when I look at you everything tells me you should be rubbish at football'

Any football fans will enjoy this. Probably too many in-jokes though for non-supporters to get. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-LmeHkRQk
I think scissor kick and bicycle are different. The scissor has that quick cutting motion like a pair of scissors, and is usually side on. The bicycle is like a back flip kick and doesn't have that fast acceleration of both leg. That's my interpretation of it though.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngoulding
Why Ian picked a picture of the least coordinated player in the world attempting it is another matter entirely
You say 'attempting' but he did score

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfpyYU55E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I think scissor kick and bicycle are different. The scissor has that quick cutting motion like a pair of scissors, and is usually side on. The bicycle is like a back flip kick and doesn't have that fast acceleration of both leg. That's my interpretation of it though.
Over here they get used interchangeably

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »