Home

The Shawne Merriman Celebration will be in madden 10 after a sack/Half sack

This is a discussion on The Shawne Merriman Celebration will be in madden 10 after a sack/Half sack within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #49
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The Shawne Merriman Celebration will be in madden 10 after a sack/Half sack

finally they get rid of the stupid Bull Dance for Merriman. Every year he has had Steve Foley's sack celebration.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #50
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
The only thing I want to see Shawn Merriman doing in the game that would increase the "realism" is peeing into a damn cup and then hitting the suspension list...

His "dance" is a ridiculous nod to gang violence and thug life (firing an imaginary "gun" in the air after a sack is not celebration, it is pre-meditated endorsement of the act being parodied, and to anyone who has lost a family member to stray bullets fired indiscrimately in the air it is a slap in the face).

I know that an acknowledged steroids user may actually be truly in support of drug and gun culture, but to glorify it in a game with as many missing details as the Madden franchise BEFORE fixing the other things would be a grave mistake...

Just my $0.02...glorifying cheaters and poor character people is not in the best long term interests of anyone - whether it is an individual team, EA, the NFL or anyone else...
WHAT! hahah this is stupider then the Burgess debate
Old 03-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
The only thing I want to see Shawn Merriman doing in the game that would increase the "realism" is peeing into a damn cup and then hitting the suspension list...

His "dance" is a ridiculous nod to gang violence and thug life (firing an imaginary "gun" in the air after a sack is not celebration, it is pre-meditated endorsement of the act being parodied, and to anyone who has lost a family member to stray bullets fired indiscrimately in the air it is a slap in the face).

I know that an acknowledged steroids user may actually be truly in support of drug and gun culture, but to glorify it in a game with as many missing details as the Madden franchise BEFORE fixing the other things would be a grave mistake...

Just my $0.02...glorifying cheaters and poor character people is not in the best long term interests of anyone - whether it is an individual team, EA, the NFL or anyone else...

Whoa. Dude, you are thinking too much into it. Presentation is the goal. I seriously doubt that is his intention or anyone who celebrates for that matter. However, if that is the case, many other celebrations can be "deemed" as inappropriate.
Relax.........

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:

You're a rams fan, you don't get an opinion
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #53

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

So your just a hipocrite, I garentee if merriman was getting traded to any team he would be happily accepted regaurdless of what he's done b/c he's that good. If Merriman was going to the rams I'd bet you would like him then...Exactly stop hatin!!!

I don't see how its relating to gang violence, b/c I seriously doubt that gang members go around doing the shawne merriman dance and his fists are clinched not pointing as if shooting a gun in the air.

why in the hell would it have anything to do with shooting a gun, do you really think the NFL/EA would allow a celebration that has to do with gang violence.

Thats why you only have $0.02...idiot

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 03-30-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:48 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

Lol, firing an imaginary gun? First he makes up what the dance is about, then goes on a rant about people who have died from stray bullets, somehow relating that to merriman. Chill out dude.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
So your just a hipocrite, I garentee if merriman was getting traded to any team he would be happily accepted regaurdless of what he's done b/c he's that good. If Merriman was going to the rams I'd bet you would like him then...Exactly stop hatin!!!

I don't see how its relating to gang violence, b/c I seriously doubt that gang members go around doing the shawne merriman dance and his fists are clinched not pointing as if shooting a gun in the air.

why in the hell would it have anything to do with shooting a gun, do you really think the NFL/EA would allow a celebration that has to do with gang violence.

Thats why you only have $0.02...idiot

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »