Home

Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

This is a discussion on Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #73
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Did you play Madden 09?

They had branching animations. Tackles were anything but predetermined.

You could actively break tackles as you were going down.
Yep.

Reading some of these complaints (and others) make me wonder if people who complain a lot about the game have actually played it.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Did you play Madden 09?

I agree with this. It was the best addition EA put into Madden 09. Running was really fun! That's why I think their key to victory is adding that branching technology to everything possible. Make the game's interactions more interactive (sorry redundancy) in every aspect that makes sense!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Did you play Madden 09?

Simply being able to spin while warpped is NOT branching animation... When it happens ALL the time... It's simple a visual ruse made to make it look like you have the ability to break tackles... And the tapping X thing happened way too little, and have very little to do with anything in the first place...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #76
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
Simply being able to spin while warpped is NOT branching animation... When it happens ALL the time... It's simple a visual ruse made to make it look like you have the ability to break tackles... And the tapping X thing happened way too little, and have very little to do with anything in the first place...

When engaged. You can spin out of a tackle by tapping the spin button. If you didn't you would just get tackled. It did not happen all the time.

Playing NCAA and Madden 09, you could really see and feel the difference of branching animations.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

When engaged. You can spin out of a tackle by tapping the spin button. If you didn't you would just get tackled. It did not happen all the time.

Playing NCAA and Madden 09, you could really see and feel the difference of branching animations.
The animation for this was more for show then anything else... It was almost like the guy making the tackle had a hoola-hoop that he placed around your man aloowing you to twist, spin or what ever but it never really amounted to much... As for "branching" animations, it simply felt/lloked like they branched oncem only to lead to another generic animation... It wasn't a free flowing as they had once said it was going to be, or what it was supposed to be like...
Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

1. Keep the Hit Stick and make it so if you pull down, you'll tackle low and if you push up, you'll hit hard high (it may already be set up that way, but I haven't kept Madden long enough to remember for sure). Please do not go backwards and take out the Hit Stick.

2. Please DO NOT adjust the Hit Stick so you have to click it down for any reason at all. This is what APF08 did and every time I try for a hard hit using that method, I end up trying for a reach tackle or I end up just moving my guy outta the way. FRUSTRATING set up for a hard hit.

3. Hit Stick impact should depend on Defender's tackle attributes...agreed.

4. Helmets should fly off every once in awhile upon Hit Stick usage...bring back some old school Madden fun.

5. And in regards to Presentation, I'm hoping that if I've chosen Frequent Auto Replays, I'll get a FULL SCREEN instant replay of the hugh hit I just delivered. I can always hit A if I want to bypass it.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #79

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
1. Keep the Hit Stick and make it so if you pull down, you'll tackle low and if you push up, you'll hit hard high (it may already be set up that way, but I haven't kept Madden long enough to remember for sure). Please do not go backwards and take out the Hit Stick.

2. Please DO NOT adjust the Hit Stick so you have to click it down for any reason at all. This is what APF08 did and every time I try for a hard hit using that method, I end up trying for a reach tackle or I end up just moving my guy outta the way. FRUSTRATING set up for a hard hit.

3. Hit Stick impact should depend on Defender's tackle attributes...agreed.

4. Helmets should fly off every once in awhile upon Hit Stick usage...bring back some old school Madden fun.

5. And in regards to Presentation, I'm hoping that if I've chosen Frequent Auto Replays, I'll get a FULL SCREEN instant replay of the hugh hit I just delivered. I can always hit A if I want to bypass it.

I think physics should play into this more than the rating. The tackle rating should just be how good you can make a tackle like open field tackles and so on.

Me personally believe it should be up to the physics to determain the type of hit the devfensive player can dish out.

If anything the Hit power rating should play a factor, but most of it needs to be physics, becasue without that you have people laying each other out constantly and big hits aren't that common thats why i'm not surprised when it happens beacause it happens so often.

There needs to be more wrap up tackles instead of knock you out like its the last day of school hits. The Big Hit a type of player can dish out should be all about speed, momentum, weight and hieght, angle, Hit power, etc.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
The animation for this was more for show then anything else... It was almost like the guy making the tackle had a hoola-hoop that he placed around your man aloowing you to twist, spin or what ever but it never really amounted to much... As for "branching" animations, it simply felt/lloked like they branched oncem only to lead to another generic animation... It wasn't a free flowing as they had once said it was going to be, or what it was supposed to be like...
Agreed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »