Home

Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

This is a discussion on Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

IMO, they should get rid of the hit stick (the truck stick too). Hard hits should be based on tackle ratings, momentum, and point of attack. The hit stick reminds me of a power swing button in baseball. It works great for Albert Pujols, but sucks for Ichiro.

Hard hits don't happen THAT often. Yeah, they may show the top 10 hits on ESPN, but out of 16 games, that's an average of less than 1 per game. Besides, Madden should focus on "another" type of tackling that has already been beaten to death. It sounds like "bang spackling". Lol.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
If your a fan of oldschool football players and actually are familiar with most of them APF does alot of things better than Madden did. The game had its issues but it was still SIM like and great.
Exactly. The only SERIOUS issue with APF was its longevity. Its gameplay is ace. People who said it was trash were just hung up by the whole non NFL game nonsense.

If you don't have this game in your collection, and call yourself a video game football fan, you suck. Especially at its dirt cheap price now.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Exactly. The only SERIOUS issue with APF was its longevity. Its gameplay is ace. People who said it was trash were just hung up by the whole non NFL game nonsense.

If you don't have this game in your collection, and call yourself a video game football fan, you suck. Especially at its dirt cheap price now.
Sorry, i take that back, I didnt mean to say it was crap, just cuz i remembered Ea took the rights...

Madden's running needs much improvement when i saw there video compared to apf... People talk about full speed and sprint speed whateva, 2k/APF gets the stuff right.. Madden seems like Loony toons to 2k/SPF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #12
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
IMO, they should get rid of the hit stick (the truck stick too). Hard hits should be based on tackle ratings, momentum, and point of attack.
I would actually really like to see it evolve to a "tackle stick." And then like you said, factor in ratings, speed, momentum and point of attack to determine if it will be a big hit.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I would actually really like to see it evolve to a "tackle stick." And then like you said, factor in ratings, speed, momentum and point of attack to determine if it will be a big hit.
I like that idea a lot. Then that opens up the X button (Square on PS3) for something else.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Actually 2k's stick was nice. If you pul down your guy cuts and puts all his momentum into the tackle. Click it and he jumps, it looks silly, but was mainly for goal line situation when the RB dives.

― Plato
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Do it like this... Sprint and Square(Ps3) for A harder hit...

Plain square for a hit...

I know this will not work so dont mind me trying to get my posts up =D
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #16
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Actually, this has been confirmed as well. Late hits, and hits out of bounds will be flagged this year.
Has this been in an NFL videogame before (late hits)? I thought I remember reading a while back that the NFL would never allow it in their game. It's cool though that it will be in Madden 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »