Home

Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

This is a discussion on Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
You are missing out on the best playing "pure football" game of all time. None even come close, not even 2K5. Not in terms of gameplay anyways.
[...].
Yeah, except for some inexplicable reason, CPU controlled Dbs are complete ******s, and players have super powers and "charge" times...

Pretty good pocket passing mechanics (probably the best to date). Decent line interaction. Gameplay > Madden 08. Probably > 09 too.

With a Franchise I would have given it an 8 out of 10.

Gameplay was pretty good. Far from perfect, but good. It's problem was the ridiculous level of restrictions put in by the developers. No custom season with multiple teams, no franchise mode, no custom team logos... you couldn't even have custom team names, if I recall.

However, if the CPU AI wasn't so pathetic, especially the DBs, it'd be a lot better in my humble opinion. But when you have to make online "rules" against using corner routes and flea flickers to make the game "sim" because the DB AI was so broken, I'm sorry, but there are huge issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 25

Cool. I have always thought the Hit stick was way to easy to use. Not enough "risk" as it is right now.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #43
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

man they need to either remove hit stick or limit it to the players wit the symbol cause soon as ppl get use to how it works cheese-feast all over again....at the beginning of the yr 09's hit stick wasnt as lethal....IMO....now ppl constantly are using it cause they've mastered it....no one masters it in the first week or so it's the weeks that turn into months
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Spot on. This tackle stick is VERY fun to use! You can actually play as a LB and work your way through traffic and reach for a tackle. It's very authentic and extremely innovative.

Also for the comment on the big hit button on APF being useless... let's just say if you put time into the game and actually could handle it, big hits are just awesome. That's what makes a big hit awesome, it's rarity. Someone was commenting on how big hits don't happen often and the "stars need to align" for the right situation . APF covered this well. Leave yourself pinned in a lane changing directions, yes a big hit can slam you down. If you are in control in the open you can avoid it easily.
Here in lies the problem with Madden AND NBA 2K9. The spectacular is common place and that totally kills the games for me. I don't mind seeing a receiver go up top over 3 defenders and make a big play. What I DO mind is seeing it every 3 plays every game. It should be like bigfoot. Rarely seen and only by a few.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 24

The tackle stick for APF was tough to use and caused lots of frustration from me, but when I got it to work right it is great to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
The tackle stick for APF was tough to use and caused lots of frustration from me, but when I got it to work right it is great to use.
That's really kinda what made it realistic. If you tried to do it in the heat of the moment in reaction to something it rarely worked, but when you stalked and planned what you were going to do with it you had better success. Not always but better results when you had your wits about you when using it.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #47
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc201
Has this been in an NFL videogame before (late hits)? I thought I remember reading a while back that the NFL would never allow it in their game. It's cool though that it will be in Madden 10.
Yes, 2k5. Non NFL, APF2k8. Not Madden related I know, just answering the question.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
Yes, 2k5. Non NFL, APF2k8. Not Madden related I know, just answering the question.
i think the NFL wont allow late hits on players laying on the ground

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »