Home

Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

This is a discussion on Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #57
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: Confirmed: The Hitstick Will Be Much More Realistic

I hadn't seen that late hits were going to be allowed and penalized in Madden 10 (other than roughing K and QB, that's always been there). Can anyone link me to confirmation?

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #58
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
IMO, they should get rid of the hit stick (the truck stick too). Hard hits should be based on tackle ratings, momentum, and point of attack. The hit stick reminds me of a power swing button in baseball. It works great for Albert Pujols, but sucks for Ichiro.

Hard hits don't happen THAT often. Yeah, they may show the top 10 hits on ESPN, but out of 16 games, that's an average of less than 1 per game. Besides, Madden should focus on "another" type of tackling that has already been beaten to death. It sounds like "bang spackling". Lol.
Bingo
Old 04-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 4

We need to get Jersey tackles! Actually, we don't even get REAL wrap-ups.
I want to see Adrian Peterson hitting the hole FAST only to get slung by Ray Lewis reaching out and grabbing hold of his jersey and throwing him to the ground.

Or Big DT Albert Haynesworth rushing to Trent Edwards and wrapping his arms around his torso bringing him down to the ground.

How many times do you see someone diving, arms and legs stretchedout to make a tackle? or Someone running into the ball-carrier and both of them fall backwards?

I've been a Madden fan since Madden 95, but now when I play it I feel like I need to be using this:

Last edited by ncaa07jones; 04-01-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

Madden just use a tackleing stick, it offers strategy. Cut tackle high tackle mid tackle. you can make it work!

Last edited by woowoo782; 04-01-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Please don't take out these type of hits... clearly, they are real(istic).

We aren't talking about taking out hit stick animations. These aren't what we have a problem with. We all have a problem with the hit stick itself. The HITSTICK is the unrealistic thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
I want to see Adrian Peterson hitting the hole FAST only to get slung by Ray Lewis reaching out and grabbing hold of his jersey and throwing him to the ground.

Or Big DT Albert Haynesworth rushing to Trent Edwards and wrapping his arms around his torso bringing him down to the ground.

How many times do you see someone diving, arms and legs stretchedout to make a tackle? or Someone running into the ball-carrier and both of them fall backwards?

I've been a Madden fan since Madden 95, but now when I play it I feel like I need to be using this:

Nice post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #63
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones

That is a GREAT post. Whatever they call "gang tackling" in Madden is still not realistic. If two guys are engaged, you can try and run into that pile with a 3rd guy and you'll just slide right off. Plus, if there's no input (like tapping "A" in 2k5") to make you battle through, I'm not sure what you're supposed to be doing in a grapple anyway.

That's the reason that the Shoulder Barge/Lunge button was also a good idea. I'm not saying 2k5 was perfect or even "realistic" but at least they TRIED to use physics in their game and give you control of that.

Madden football is pretty much no different than flag football, except instead of a pre-programmed animation of someone ripping off a flag, you get a cheesy, arcade-like animation of a guy flying backwards or going down. Basically, you do nothing other than avoid contact all game, b/c soon as contact starts, you lose control of the player, which means no fun!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
That is a GREAT post. Whatever they call "gang tackling" in Madden is still not realistic. If two guys are engaged, you can try and run into that pile with a 3rd guy and you'll just slide right off. Plus, if there's no input (like tapping "A" in 2k5") to make you battle through, I'm not sure what you're supposed to be doing in a grapple anyway.

That's the reason that the Shoulder Barge/Lunge button was also a good idea. I'm not saying 2k5 was perfect or even "realistic" but at least they TRIED to use physics in their game and give you control of that.

Madden football is pretty much no different than flag football, except instead of a pre-programmed animation of someone ripping off a flag, you get a cheesy, arcade-like animation of a guy flying backwards or going down. Basically, you do nothing other than avoid contact all game, b/c soon as contact starts, you lose control of the player, which means no fun!

+1 I couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »