Home

How do you greet your madden blowout?

This is a discussion on How do you greet your madden blowout? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Greet Your Madden Blowout
Take the loss like a man 29 41.43%
Get so heated that you purposely quit the game to avoid the obvious cheating by the computer 17 24.29%
Put on a very convincing act and stumble over the power plug and "incidently" erase that game from existence 4 5.71%
Smile, In acceptance...Because your so use to going undefeated that it actually was nice losing for once in awhile, Made you appreciate how the A.I. outplayed you 20 28.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: How do you greet your madden blowout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
Unfortunately you can add me to that list lol.
lol and with me at least I feel really stupid after I do it and break it and like what have I done....
Old 03-30-2009, 02:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Personally, I cry myself to sleep.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:22 AM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

It depends. Against my friends I'll take it. Please note that I hardly ever play the computer anymore since i got my 360. However, if the computer IS cheating I will just drop the game. For example when all my team seems to do right is drop open passes, suffer from horrid collision detection only when it benifits the computer/hurts me, takes 3 or more players to tackle on a regular basis, or any of the other countless madden flaws.

I don't mind taking a legit loss to the computer and I have played some awesome games in the past and lost them. I remeber franchises I would play with my 49ers and would struggleto have a winning season or not in the begining, and losing in the playoffs when I got there that it WAS so satisfying when I did havea 14-2 regular season and won it all.

P.S. I too have broken controlers, and one time my friend got so mad he mistakenly punched a hole in my wall throwing his fists backwards after I converted a 4th and 21 with the Colts in the playoffs against his Raiders to keep my drive alive and got VERY close to FG range to take the lead and win the game. Needless to say he had to repair my wall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I think the most honest answer is A, B, and D depending on the situation and context.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #13
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
It depends. Against my friends I'll take it. Please note that I hardly ever play the computer anymore since i got my 360. However, if the computer IS cheating I will just drop the game. For example when all my team seems to do right is drop open passes, suffer from horrid collision detection only when it benifits the computer/hurts me, takes 3 or more players to tackle on a regular basis, or any of the other countless madden flaws.

I don't mind taking a legit loss to the computer and I have played some awesome games in the past and lost them. I remeber franchises I would play with my 49ers and would struggleto have a winning season or not in the begining, and losing in the playoffs when I got there that it WAS so satisfying when I did havea 14-2 regular season and won it all.

P.S. I too have broken controlers, and one time my friend got so mad he mistakenly punched a hole in my wall throwing his fists backwards after I converted a 4th and 21 with the Colts in the playoffs against his Raiders to keep my drive alive and got VERY close to FG range to take the lead and win the game. Needless to say he had to repair my wall.
that is alot of anger for madden...hate to see what would happen if he found out his girl was cheating on him with u.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

Hahah, yes. A game can definitley get heated with a friend, especially if both of you are good. It usually gets really quiet/tense right before something crazy happens. Something like a dropped open pass or converted 3 or 4 and long is all it takes to make someone snap. Then there's batteries and controller pieces all over. The best though is when you have over the buddy who never plays, and he beats your other friend who plays it daily...just classic **** talk and ultimate loss of composure.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:44 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
lol and with me at least I feel really stupid after I do it and break it and like what have I done....
lol same here. I just think "Damn it, that's gonna cost me..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Yea, if I'm losing fair and square against the A.I. I'll always take the loss. Today is a good example of that. ****ing lions destroyed my *** 44 to 7, no robo qb, no nothing, they just smashed on me fair and square so I took that loss, I'm 2-2 now.

On the other hand, if the A.I. starts cheating (yes it does happen) I'm quick to turn that **** off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »