Home

Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Rattings Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Let me prefix this by saying I don't mean this as an insult to you. However, this is one of the things that bothers me. I get frustrated with the low expectations of gamers. EA has exploited this by giving us inferior products for so long. I've found that people who mostly only play EA sports games are more conducive to this expectation level. I used to be one of them until I started venturing out and trying other games. Then I think to myself, "wow, this is what I've been missing? It's like another world out here in sports gaming." I've seen things done by other developers that EA fail at. They'll even tell you it's impossible to do something then you play another game only to find that it's been done. Have you tried playing MLB the Show for example?
Great post in it's entirety DeadlyCane.

My interest in video games really doesn't go much pass the Madden game. With the amount of time I'm willing to invest into gaming...it really wouldn't be worth it to me to have much of a game library. And football is really the only sport I follow closely.

But anyway...I surely do understand your frustration. My hopes of what this new gen of football games would bring was dashed by year two. It became very clear that we'd we waiting a long time for EA/TIB just to get back...where we already had been. And we're still waiting.

In the end...after a few years of being pissed, yeah...I just lowed my expectations to match the reality of Madden's progress. That maybe kinda sad...but it help me to preserve my sanity.

I really only care to play a licensed NFL football game. So I can only hope the interaction and what appears to be a change of approach by EASports/Tiburon, will make a nice difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »