Home

Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect.

This is a discussion on Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 05:19 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Good point KANE.

I sure don't want it to go from one extreme to the other.

Hopefully Josh and Donny will find a realistic balance to player movement.
I am curious, to anyone who knows, how is all of this handled in Head Coach? Are there trades? Are they realistic? Is the draft/offseason AI good? If these are the same guys that did Head Coach, that might be a good place to look for where things are heading. I know it wont be as in depth as Head Coach, but I would bet they will be looking to implement features of it in Madden franchise mode, and hopefully improve on any weaknesses.

I wish the guys who handled franchise mode were on here more. It would give me a warm and fuzzy that they are getting all of the feedback about how dull franchise mode currently is.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #34
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
I am curious, to anyone who knows, how is all of this handled in Head Coach? Are there trades? Are they realistic? Is the draft/offseason AI good? If these are the same guys that did Head Coach, that might be a good place to look for where things are heading. I know it wont be as in depth as Head Coach, but I would bet they will be looking to implement features of it in Madden franchise mode, and hopefully improve on any weaknesses.

I wish the guys who handled franchise mode were on here more. It would give me a warm and fuzzy that they are getting all of the feedback about how dull franchise mode currently is.
The guys who did Head Coach 09 are doing Franchise for Madden 10 (Donny & Josh). They were fairly active on the Head Coach forums after its release and hopefully their absence from the Madden 10 discussion is just a sign that they are hard at work.
If you've never played HC 09 it is worth a pick up especially since I've heard it can be found for around $10-15 new. The trades are realistic and tend to side a bit in the CPU's favor; not easy to exploit like in Madden. Also, when you place guys on the trade block you will actually get contacted about some of them. The CPU will also contact you about guys they are trying to deal if they fit a need for you. Most of the trading happens during the offseason and preseason though. And not many blockbuster trades for star players. Alot more for draft picks and developmental or role players (very realistic). The draft is exciting and realistic. The incoming draft class has a back story that you get updated on by Adam Schefter throughout the season. I could go on and on.

To put it short though the trade and draft logic was very good and made the league feel alive. If they can bring that to Madden people will be blown away.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

There is this Gameplay vs Graphics debate. But another element could be added to this : modes depth, which would add a better replay value to Madden. And yeah, I agree 110% with you guys about franchise.

Last edited by Sardine117; 03-31-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
If they could have offseason indepth enough you could have player movement on a slider from having the chance to keep everyone to realistic where you could lose up to 7 of your starters or something.

Im literally addicted to franchise i hate it to death but i cant stop playing it.

I just finished with my chiefs , traded away L.J and my 81 ovr Hb got 1300Rushing so i was expecting a huge boost and all how many points did i get any guesses? (age 22)
1-3 pts.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:57 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 35

Alot of my backups have a better overall rating than my starters. And that wasnet the case when the season began. I just started the playoffs.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Good points. One of the many things that franchise is in dire need of is the feeling that you as a gamer/coach are constantly needing to make big decisions. And that the decisions you make have weight.

There's no weight to the decisions in franchise mode. You gotta cut that Haynesworth-esque defensive tackle due to money concerns? Nope, the salary cap is just fine.

You traded away your starting safety? No problem, the draft logic is broken, therefore while other teams are drafting three QB's in one draft class, a first round caliber safety will fall to you in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You went 4-12? No big deal, no players get upset and force trades or hold out. No one is upset because you aren't allowing them to hit their incentives in therefore make more money.

There's no big decisions in franchise mode.

The best franchise mode I played was NFL 2K5 (I think it was 2K5). I remember that, at many times during franchise mode, the cap would get VERY tight on me. To the point where I realized two things:

1) I can't just sign anyone I want to a huge contract without mortgaging my future and being in salary cap hell.

2) I was going to have to release or trade a highly productive player because he was simply killing my team financially. I didn't WANT to do it, but the tough decision had to be made.
Pacman you're absolutely right with this post. The game you are referring to is NFL 2k5, franchise mode was awesome. It wasn't bogged down with garbage, it was just meat and potatoes but it overloaded the meat and potatoes.

One of the things I've talked about was the cap room. Now I posted a thread about a month ago on this and Donny did respond back saying that they were addressing the cap and that right now it was actually too tight in their build.

Just adjusting the cap room and forcing us to let go of players will increase our franchise experience tenfold. Part of running a team is dealing with player demands. In Madden 09 you just click and sign. The only time you even have to move the bar is in FA.

As I've said before, the main things needed to fix franchise are:

1. progression of players

2. Correct the salary cap increase

3. Overload draft presentation/AI

Do those three things and you'll win me over easily.

Here's food for thought though as well, EA is out to make $ so if they made franchise so robust in Madden why would they even make a Head Coach?
Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Here's food for thought though as well, EA is out to make $ so if they made franchise so robust in Madden why would they even make a Head Coach?
Madden is the cash cow. Head Coach is not. Plain and simple.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Madden is the cash cow. Head Coach is not. Plain and simple.
riiiiight...I'm saying they want to release both cause they want $ right, well what's the gimmick in HC if Madden franchise is just as good?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »