Home

Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect.

This is a discussion on Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs, ect. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 01:16 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

I don't think there are any plans to release anymore HeadCoach titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #42
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwayGod53
Pacman you're absolutely right with this post. The game you are referring to is NFL 2k5, franchise mode was awesome. It wasn't bogged down with garbage, it was just meat and potatoes but it overloaded the meat and potatoes.

One of the things I've talked about was the cap room. Now I posted a thread about a month ago on this and Donny did respond back saying that they were addressing the cap and that right now it was actually too tight in their build.

Just adjusting the cap room and forcing us to let go of players will increase our franchise experience tenfold. Part of running a team is dealing with player demands. In Madden 09 you just click and sign. The only time you even have to move the bar is in FA.

As I've said before, the main things needed to fix franchise are:

1. progression of players

2. Correct the salary cap increase

3. Overload draft presentation/AI

Do those three things and you'll win me over easily.

Here's food for thought though as well, EA is out to make $ so if they made franchise so robust in Madden why would they even make a Head Coach?
Good points. One thing I hope the Madden/franchise mode team realizes is that we as gamers want a challenge. A genuine challenge.

I don't want to win every game. I don't want to go 15-1 and crush teams on the way to a Super Bowl victory. I don't want to draft a guy, have him become great, and have everything harmonious until the day he retires.

I want conflicts and challenges. I want to feel conflicted about knowing I need to release a great 98 OVR running back I drafted seven years ago--I scouted him from day 1 and he helped me win a Super Bowl, but he's killing my cap and just turned 30. These are the kinds of serious challenges I hope we get presented with, and it's no different than what happened in Jacksonville a few months ago with Fred Taylor.

I want it to feel hard to build a team and win consistently. I want it to be a challenge to maintain stability--both in the players and coaching staff. And like you said, this is all tied to the salary cap in Madden.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 12

My worry with this is that it will wind up totally unrealistic.

Take Chad Johnson (or should I say Ocho) he tried to get traded and even though he cried and moaned and complained, where is he at?

In your 0-16 example there are plenty of good players that have been on bad teams that haven't refused to play - remember they are legally bound. They may say they are going to and maybe miss a game but eventually those fines are going to hurt and they like money and have bills to pay.

The trade AI in head coach I think was exaggerated. For example, I tried trading a QB rated 89 who was pretty young, 25, for and 30 year old player rated 83 (a backup QB) and the CPU wanted my player a 3rd round pick, and a 7th round pick. My GM's was only missing one more lvl to max in the game. That is totally absurd. There were also a number of number 2 Qbs (drafted 1st round and hadn't played in 4 years) that I went after in the low 80's and the CPU wouldn't even talk about a trade. The bottom line is almost any team with trade a backup player for a better player or enough draft picks.

In the NFL there aren't THAT many trades a year and few of those involve big name players. A lot of big name players stay on the same team thier entire career or atleast until thier hay day is over.

Also, there typically aren't that many great FA players in any given year. I can't recall the last QB or HB that went into FA that was a great proven player, with no major injuries, in thier prime of thier career. You see a lot of lineman, WR here or there, and top payed defensive players. It is usually the over payed bunch that gets dropped.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Good points. One thing I hope the Madden/franchise mode team realizes is that we as gamers want a challenge. A genuine challenge.

I don't want to win every game. I don't want to go 15-1 and crush teams on the way to a Super Bowl victory. I don't want to draft a guy, have him become great, and have everything harmonious until the day he retires.

I want conflicts and challenges. I want to feel conflicted about knowing I need to release a great 98 OVR running back I drafted seven years ago--I scouted him from day 1 and he helped me win a Super Bowl, but he's killing my cap and just turned 30. These are the kinds of serious challenges I hope we get presented with, and it's no different than what happened in Jacksonville a few months ago with Fred Taylor.

I want it to feel hard to build a team and win consistently. I want it to be a challenge to maintain stability--both in the players and coaching staff. And like you said, this is all tied to the salary cap in Madden.

It brings a tear to my eye when I think of my NFL2k5 franchise I did with Denver. Did the whole 30 seasons and was faced with many tough decisions. With the cap the way it was you would have to lock up your top picks for usually the max 7 years and when that contract was up they wanted "big" money. Each year I would have to let 1-2 above average players go and 3-4 key contributors to get under the cap. It was just a brilliant experience.

They need things like with T Jason Peters wanting a new contract, or a player demanding a trade. In Peters case you would either give him the money or he sit out camp and would drop in stats a bit or just not improve in key areas. You could even talk with the player and attempt to win him back maybe reassuring him a contract would be in the works.

GM's would have a trust meter depending on how consistent you were with your promises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »