Home

Old 03-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Stopping Someone From Retiring. Where Is It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Just an idea maybe have like a maximum offers you can make period so if you have 2 players retiring that you want to keep you have to choose which one you want to keep more and can possibly keep both if you stay under the maximum...say 5?
I think the real limit here should come in terms of the salary cap. They said they were reworking it to make the cap an actual challenge to stay under and if you are bringing guys back it should be expensive, and get more expensive each time. Also, each year the player should get worse and worse becoming less worth the millions he is getting paid. I have always been against adding false limits to things though and limiting the number of players you could do this to would be adding a false limit. When the real limiting factors are so easily available that is what they should use.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Stopping Someone From Retiring. Where Is It

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I think the real limit here should come in terms of the salary cap. They said they were reworking it to make the cap an actual challenge to stay under and if you are bringing guys back it should be expensive, and get more expensive each time. Also, each year the player should get worse and worse becoming less worth the millions he is getting paid. I have always been against adding false limits to things though and limiting the number of players you could do this to would be adding a false limit. When the real limiting factors are so easily available that is what they should use.
You could have it both ways, if you do what I said accept have player personalities like in Head coach and if you offer them something too low they will just walk but if they have a different personality lets say they agree to the deal or propose a counter-offer, so then you would not have a false limit and still essentially the same thing. Of course all of that within the salary-cap and if they want so much it will go over the cap then you can release a player with a small amount of bonuses but a fairly high contract overall to make cap space or even possibly make it so you can rework and "move" some money around to make cap room for their contract. example: A player with a high bonus you can try to move their bonus money to the yearly amounts and this is where player personalities would come in again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »