Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #81
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner
Hey now, I am conservative living in a conservative state. I also love soccer. Let's not go to generalizations. I know plenty of liberals that hate all sports.
Sorry but he is a walking Stereotype, No disrespect intended.

You give the guy facts yet he disputes them, stupid.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #82
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Guys please stop wasting your precious times....There's intelligence and intellect, and there's the other end of the spectrum. We all know where guys like Delux and bconngemini fall.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 17

LoL @ g2thecore
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
ok, Step away from the computer and wave your flag in front of fox news.
Hypocrite, stereotyping the type of people that watch FOX news.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #85
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
Hypocrite, stereotyping the type of people that watch FOX news.
Im sorry, i guess I do not quite know how to respond to someone who refutes facts. Anyone who thinks American Football is more popular worldwide that Soccer has a pretty ethnocentric view of the world.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Im sorry, i guess I do not quite know how to respond to someone who refutes facts. Anyone who thinks American Football is more popular worldwide that Soccer has a pretty ethnocentric view of the world.
Maybe not as a participatory sport, but definitely as a spectator sport to watch on TV. No other country can afford the foam pads and helmets, so that's why they don't play football, but they all yearn to because its so much fun.Football is way moer watched though. NFL is broadcast in 220 countries and the Super Bowl is watched by a billion people, they said so on NBC during the last Super Bowl. The fact is that most people around the world would rather watch football (NFL football, not that NFL Europe crap) than soccer, soccer is boring and football is exciting hence football is the most watched sport in the world. Soccer is just the most popular TO PLAY, not to watch. Plus soccer only gets watched once every 4 years during the world cup and for women's olympic soccer.

And I am willing to bet that Madden sold more in other countries than FIFA when all things are considered like FIFA coming with Wii and timing differences. Think about it Madden is the best selling sports franchise bar none according to EA, that's why they invest so much money in it. Plus there is way more to do in Madden than FIFA I bet, there's no strategy and plays in soccer, in soccer you just jog around playing keep away until you get closer to the net.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 7

This is like comparing what pulls the most viewers:

The Football World Cup Final or the Superbowl??

LOL, if you think its the Superbowl.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
Maybe not as a participatory sport, but definitely as a spectator sport to watch on TV. No other country can afford the foam pads and helmets, so that's why they don't play football, but they all yearn to because its so much fun.Football is way moer watched though. NFL is broadcast in 220 countries and the Super Bowl is watched by a billion people, they said so on NBC during the last Super Bowl. The fact is that most people around the world would rather watch football (NFL football, not that NFL Europe crap) than soccer, soccer is boring and football is exciting hence football is the most watched sport in the world. Soccer is just the most popular TO PLAY, not to watch. Plus soccer only gets watched once every 4 years during the world cup and for women's olympic soccer.

And I am willing to bet that Madden sold more in other countries than FIFA when all things are considered like FIFA coming with Wii and timing differences. Think about it Madden is the best selling sports franchise bar none according to EA, that's why they invest so much money in it. Plus there is way more to do in Madden than FIFA I bet, there's no strategy and plays in soccer, in soccer you just jog around playing keep away until you get closer to the net.

No strategy, No plays............

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »