Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

bconngemini,

i'm not a big soccer fan either but i think that 99.99% of people know that Soccer is more popular world wide than American Football, and to say that the Superbowl is watched by a billion people is just ridiculous.

quote from this - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

Quote:
Nielsen said 98.7 million people, on average, were watching Pittsburgh's exciting 27-23 victory Sunday night. That beats the 97.5 million who watched the 2008 game, which held the record for most popular Super Bowl.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
bconngemini,

i'm not a big soccer fan either but i think that 99.99% of people know that Soccer is more popular world wide than American Football, and to say that the Superbowl is watched by a billion people is just ridiculous.

quote from this - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
That's only US viewership. There were also 900 million people outside the US watching, its a fact just google it, they also said it on CBS and NBC.

As I said soccer is only more popular worldwide as a participatory sport because no other country can afford football, soccer is third world cheap and these countries have no other alternative because they are poor so they can't play football which requires money, they have to resort to playing soccer because its dirt cheap. But Super Bowl is the most watched event and NFL football is the most watched league in the world, way more than any soccer game.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 17

I HATE soccer but it IS the most watched sport in the world for some odd reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
I HATE soccer but it IS the most watched sport in the world for some odd reason.
1. No it isn't better more entertaining sport are, like football, which is manlier and cooler. Soccer isn't watched except once every 4 years, and foreigners only watch it because its the only sport we don't dominate so it lets them feel good about winning against us in a sport we hate and laugh at.
2. Even if it was, its only because foreigners don't understand what is entertaining and what is boring. They think not scoring is a virtue, reflecting the nihilistic, crippled and failed mentality of liberal europe. Soccer is boring because no one scores, real sports have quanitfable achievement and statistics which leads to excitement.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
That's only US viewership. There were also 900 million people outside the US watching, its a fact just google it, they also said it on CBS and NBC.

As I said soccer is only more popular worldwide as a participatory sport because no other country can afford football, soccer is third world cheap and these countries have no other alternative because they are poor so they can't play football which requires money, they have to resort to playing soccer because its dirt cheap. But Super Bowl is the most watched event and NFL football is the most watched league in the world, way more than any soccer game.
900 million you say?

I googled and this is what i got:

The most watched sporting event in the world is football (European Football). To give you an idea of how popular it is, the 2006 world cup final drew 716 million viewers. While the whole tournament attracted 30+ billion non-unique viewers.

I bet people outside of America don't even know what Gisele's boyfriend does for a living.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #94
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini

This is because Soccer is so popular around the world that extra leagues are demanded. If you pay attention to the life-span of American Football leagues outside of America (or even inside America) that aren't the NFL you would see one constant... They all fall short or totally fail.

Please, do a little research and look at the numbers for yourself.

If you enjoy the NFL that is fantastic. But don't go spouting off all sorts of ignorant economic reasoning behind the popularity of a sport.

This thread should be closed.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #95

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

It still boggles my mind that others find the need to force their views upon others.

If someone like soccer, who is anyone to tell them that their sport sucks? Time to get over yourselves and realize that even though you don't like it (fine you are entitled to your opinion), it doesn't mean they can't like or don't find their own reasons to like it.

It is just ignorant to post these rants saying how your sport is the best and sport x that others like is boring and only appreciated by "uneducated" individuals or whatever else was being spewed out.

For the record, I do not like soccer, but still don't see how anyone can tell others they are wrong for liking it.

It is time for this thread to go to bed as it has turned into nothing other than a couple immature posters trying to bait others into an argument that is ridiculously childish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #96
All Star

OVR: 33

Isn't soccer the most played sport for juniors in america?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »