Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 AM   #121
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner



Oh my gosh you make it seem like you need to form a braintrust to form a pick-up game. I played in my share of them, took maybe a minute to sort out the rules. P for K or no P for K, that is the question!

and we go back to reality where soccer is not so simple that people from all countries can get together and start a soccer match at will.

You have to decide things like having offside. In some parts of the world they play w/o goalies and setup areas you have to get past to shoot on goal. Some play where goalies can't catch the ball. I could go on but hopefully you can see the point. If not then I will have you in charge of explaining to non-English speaking players that the goal on one end is two hubcaps and that the out of bounds is the two trees that run parallel to the local Kmart.


You point at the hubcps adn say "gol" and raise your arms in the air and you point tothe K-Mart and wave your arms in the "out-of-bounds" motion. Those who are not Stupid understand basic human interaction and have a genral understanding of the rules of soccer. If you can't understand or come to a general agrement for the playing surface you are beyond help as i have been invited to play in a games where only my friend way bi-lingual and he wasn't even the one telling me the rules of the match.

It is not like I am the first person to come up with this idea either.

You know what? Forget it. This is going no where fast.
__________________
My Madden Blog
PGaither84 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:31 AM   #122
MVP
 
PGaither84's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lima, Peru
Blog Entries: 15
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner
All these countries play soccer and numerous other sports. I think your mind would actually be blown away by how popular cricket is in the rest of the world.

Yep, all those countries and their singular sports.
OMFG. I went from trying to respect you and have an open intelectual conversation... and you treat me like an idiot.

Thanks. you COMPLETLY over look how soccer has a NATIONAL hold in the world's countries unlike any other sport including Football in america and you continue to debate SYMANTICS!

This truely is hopeless.

Iam officially done with thei thread and will not se any more of your replies. good day sir.
__________________
My Madden Blog
PGaither84 is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #123
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
OMFG. I went from trying to respect you and have an open intelectual conversation... and you treat me like an idiot.
I would never do that. I am simply replying to the numerous bits of misinformation you have strewn throughout the past few pages. If criticism is not something you are capable of dealing with, well good luck on the internet.

* It also helps to spell intellectual properly, when referring to something as an intellectual conversation. Otherwise it becomes a typographical oxymoron.

Last edited by bmdsooner; 03-31-2009 at 02:42 AM.
bmdsooner is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 03:08 AM   #124
MVP
 
g2thecore's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Hey PGaither84, I commend you for being civil about your views and opinions on the sport. This thread got a little out of hand earlier today, due to some individuals who felt compelled to badmouth a sport they barely know or understand.

Sure soccer is not for everyone, you have to acquire a taste and love for the game that can't be acquired overnight. I'm gonna be honest here, I never cared for American football growing up because I LOVED soccer so much. I grew up watching Juventus and Real Madrid, guys like Romario and Bebeto back from World Cup 94 made me love the game. I have to admit that I had to be patient with the game of football before I really began to understand the intricacies of the game.

I agree with you, football and soccer ARE VERY DIFFERENT. That's a given. That being said, I don't think it's fair to assume that soccer is simplistic in terms of tactics and strategy just because you don't understand it. To the untrained eye, the game of football is about people running and hitting each other. At least that's what people who don't know much about the game think. That's not a fair description of the game, WE know that because we've watched the game and have shared a passion for it. The same can be said about soccer, unless you've played and learned to understand the ins and outs of the sport, it's unfair to assume that it's all about passing and shooting.

Either way, I respect you for expressing your thoughts in a polite and intelligent manner. Unlike some others that have stopped by on this thread.
__________________
"I'll die before I lose, cuz I was born to win."- Drake
g2thecore is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 04:27 AM   #125
Banned
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Hey PGaither84, I commend you for being civil about your views and opinions on the sport. This thread got a little out of hand earlier today, due to some individuals who felt compelled to badmouth a sport they barely know or understand.

Sure soccer is not for everyone, you have to acquire a taste and love for the game that can't be acquired overnight. I'm gonna be honest here, I never cared for American football growing up because I LOVED soccer so much. I grew up watching Juventus and Real Madrid, guys like Romario and Bebeto back from World Cup 94 made me love the game. I have to admit that I had to be patient with the game of football before I really began to understand the intricacies of the game.

I agree with you, football and soccer ARE VERY DIFFERENT. That's a given. That being said, I don't think it's fair to assume that soccer is simplistic in terms of tactics and strategy just because you don't understand it. To the untrained eye, the game of football is about people running and hitting each other. At least that's what people who don't know much about the game think. That's not a fair description of the game, WE know that because we've watched the game and have shared a passion for it. The same can be said about soccer, unless you've played and learned to understand the ins and outs of the sport, it's unfair to assume that it's all about passing and shooting.

Either way, I respect you for expressing your thoughts in a polite and intelligent manner. Unlike some others that have stopped by on this thread.
I thought you were leaving this thread?
DeLuX is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #126
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Football being an American Sport doesn't make it the best sport. It has a lot of popularity beacause of it's history.

Football is my favourite sport. Soccer is easy to learn, easy to play, hard to master. That could be said for any sport. You can't discern whats the 'best' sport.

ANd when Britney Spears sold the most Albums, it made her the most popular artist.
No, football is superior to all sports, in particularly soccer lets face it. Who in the world wants to watch a bunch of pony-tailed metrosexuals prance around for 3 hours and NOT SCORE? Sports is all about superiority over the other side (not ties) its about quanitfyable achievement which can be presented in statistics and SCORING. Sports is about SCORING period, and anything else is boring and tedious.

Beatles sold more than Britney Spears, so Beatles are more popular and therefore bettter than Britney Spears.
bconngemini is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #127
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
so you're telling me that the Superbowl, the championship game for AMERICAN football is watched by 98 million americans, and over 900 million people outside of the US. Yes there are americans that live in other countries and there are people from other countries that follow the NFL (myself being one), but over 900 million??? you're kidding right??
The Super Bowl is the biggest and most watched event in the world, not some soccer game. Its a fact, so get over it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by afro_dogg20
I dont think anyone was saying the soccer is more entertaining than NFL and correct me if i'm wrong cause i'm not a soccer fan, but i think there's heaps of soccer leagues around the world.
Of course not, soccer is the most boring sport imaginable, its just running around aimlessly failing to SCORE and failing to achieve any statistical output. Soccer appeals to the crimpled, nihilistic and snobby Europeans who see life as a 0-0 scoreline that the majority of soccer games end in, nothing gained, nothing achieved, no statistics to gratify the ego and fulfill the American yearning for superiority over others and nothing happening but a bunch of sissies prancing on a field like fairies. Football on the other hand was designed for entertainment, from the cheerleaders to the loud blaring rock music as muscles gladiators enter into the coloseium for a war match. Football is war, the QB is a field general, the coach is the commander strategically analyzing how to gain the most enemy territory by using raw power, speed and long bombs.
bconngemini is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #128
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
Hey PGaither84, I commend you for being civil about your views and opinions on the sport. This thread got a little out of hand earlier today, due to some individuals who felt compelled to badmouth a sport they barely know or understand.

Sure soccer is not for everyone, you have to acquire a taste and love for the game that can't be acquired overnight. I'm gonna be honest here, I never cared for American football growing up because I LOVED soccer so much. I grew up watching Juventus and Real Madrid, guys like Romario and Bebeto back from World Cup 94 made me love the game. I have to admit that I had to be patient with the game of football before I really began to understand the intricacies of the game.

I agree with you, football and soccer ARE VERY DIFFERENT. That's a given. That being said, I don't think it's fair to assume that soccer is simplistic in terms of tactics and strategy just because you don't understand it. To the untrained eye, the game of football is about people running and hitting each other. At least that's what people who don't know much about the game think. That's not a fair description of the game, WE know that because we've watched the game and have shared a passion for it. The same can be said about soccer, unless you've played and learned to understand the ins and outs of the sport, it's unfair to assume that it's all about passing and shooting.

Either way, I respect you for expressing your thoughts in a polite and intelligent manner. Unlike some others that have stopped by on this thread.

THat's not true. Football has a playbook with hundereds of plays, while soccer has nothing and no plays. Soccer is just aimlessly running around looking for some space, there is no specialization of labor and no preplanning, its basically like hockey: just move around and pass the ball/puck until you get close to the net and take a shot. Football on the other hand is carefully measured, analyzed, statistically oriented sport of strategy. Soccer is like checkers, football is like chess.
bconngemini is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Top -