Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #129
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

NO

Madden is nowhere near to being the most popular sports game in the world.

END OF.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 1

No one has actually proven that football isn't the most watched sport on the planet and no one has actually proven that Madden isn't #1.

Stop trying to make soccer into something its not, no ones watching soccer, playing it is okay like dodgeball or volleyball, fun recreation sport and cheap.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #131
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
No, football is superior to all sports, in particularly soccer lets face it. Who in the world wants to watch a bunch of pony-tailed metrosexuals prance around for 3 hours and NOT SCORE? Sports is all about superiority over the other side (not ties) its about quanitfyable achievement which can be presented in statistics and SCORING. Sports is about SCORING period, and anything else is boring and tedious.

Beatles sold more than Britney Spears, so Beatles are more popular and therefore bettter than Britney Spears.

Quote:
The Super Bowl is the biggest and most watched event in the world, not some soccer game. Its a fact, so get over it.

Of course not, soccer is the most boring sport imaginable, its just running around aimlessly failing to SCORE and failing to achieve any statistical output. Soccer appeals to the crimpled, nihilistic and snobby Europeans who see life as a 0-0 scoreline that the majority of soccer games end in, nothing gained, nothing achieved, no statistics to gratify the ego and fulfill the American yearning for superiority over others and nothing happening but a bunch of sissies prancing on a field like fairies. Football on the other hand was designed for entertainment, from the cheerleaders to the loud blaring rock music as muscles gladiators enter into the coloseium for a war match. Football is war, the QB is a field general, the coach is the commander strategically analyzing how to gain the most enemy territory by using raw power, speed and long bombs.

Quote:
THat's not true. Football has a playbook with hundereds of plays, while soccer has nothing and no plays. Soccer is just aimlessly running around looking for some space, there is no specialization of labor and no preplanning, its basically like hockey: just move around and pass the ball/puck until you get close to the net and take a shot. Football on the other hand is carefully measured, analyzed, statistically oriented sport of strategy. Soccer
is like checkers, football is like chess.

Quote:
No one has actually proven that football isn't the most watched sport on the planet and no one has actually proven that Madden isn't #1.

Stop trying to make soccer into something its not, no ones watching soccer, playing it is okay like dodgeball or volleyball, fun recreation sport and cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini

You're right football is the most watched sport in the world. The only place people really call it soccer is in the US and maybe Canada.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM   #133
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Is madden the most popular sports game in the US?... yes

In the world?... not even close, FIFA dominates that category

Soccer is also the most popular sport in the world hands down. To say otherwise is just ignorant.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:57 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Fifa wins popularity. But not on my list...lol...

Soccer is just about as enjoyable as a dentist visit to me. (Unless its the World Cup)
I cringe at this thought. Obviously its a matter of opinion but really I have to defend soccer when I see comments like these because it truly is THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD. ANyone can play at any time, it is not about size its all about talent and ability.

It truly is the best sport in the world. Trust me guys I grew up in NYC, I love the NFL, MLB but none of these sports compare to other top soccer leagues in the world.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #135
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
I cringe at this thought. Obviously its a matter of opinion but really I have to defend soccer when I see comments like these because it truly is THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD. ANyone can play at any time, it is not about size its all about talent and ability.

It truly is the best sport in the world. Trust me guys I grew up in NYC, I love the NFL, MLB but none of these sports compare to other top soccer leagues in the world.

Obviously this is a matter of opinion.
I bet you're the type of euro elitist who voted for Obama, enjoys wine and cheese after watching a Fellini film and telling others how sophisticated you are for watching a elitist rich whiteman's sport like soccer when really soccer is a third world sport and only popular in other countries ebcause they can't afford any other sport since soccer is third world cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #136
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Is madden the most popular sports game in the US?... yes

In the world?... not even close, FIFA dominates that category

Soccer is also the most popular sport in the world hands down. To say otherwise is just ignorant.
And crapping in a hole is the most popular way of going to the toilet. Doesn't mean there's anything good about it, its just that they can't afford a toilet. Same with soccer, they yearn for more, but soccer is cheaper so they settle on soccer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »