Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Is anyone still reading what bconngemini types... clearly he's just fcking with everyone ... either that or he is the dumbest human being on the planet... one of the two.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:51 PM   #138
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Is anyone still reading what bconngemini types... clearly he's just fcking with everyone ... either that or he is the dumbest human being on the planet... one of the two.
I think it's the latter....I laugh at everything he types, it's like dry humor to me. He's got to have the IQ of a doorknob, either that or he's a redneck.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 1

I hate how our country has turned into a bunch of PC europe-loving Obama followers who think its somehow wrong to say "soccer sucks and is for fags". The thing is the current liberal pc police even themselves know that we all know soccer is a girls game and that Madden is #1.

Yes I get that Europeans don't have Madden and they buy FIFA because they'd rather glamorize little 120lb guys with ponytails who "kick le ball" instead of glamorizing 280lb monsters who crush their opponents with masculine power. That doesn't mean that Madden isn't the most popular among those who can choose between soccer and football, unlike other countries who don't have the freedom to choose one or the other because the stores don't sell them anything but FIFA.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #140
Banned

Also, no one has shown any proof that Madden isn't the most popular, all things given.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #141
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
EA announced last night that FIFA 09 is its best-selling title of the year shifting 7.8 million units worldwide year-to-date (ended December 31, 2008).

Speaking during EA's third quarter earnings call, Eric Brown,Chief Financial Officer, revealed that sales of FIFA 09 are up four per cent year-to-date over FIFA 08 and estimated that in Europe the game is the No.1 title across all platforms in the holiday quarter.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/fifa_...8_million.html
Old 03-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #142
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
I hate how our country has turned into a bunch of PC europe-loving Obama followers who think its somehow wrong to say "soccer sucks and is for fags". The thing is the current liberal pc police even themselves know that we all know soccer is a girls game and that Madden is #1.

Yes I get that Europeans don't have Madden and they buy FIFA because they'd rather glamorize little 120lb guys with ponytails who "kick le ball" instead of glamorizing 280lb monsters who crush their opponents with masculine power. That doesn't mean that Madden isn't the most popular among those who can choose between soccer and football, unlike other countries who don't have the freedom to choose one or the other because the stores don't sell them anything but FIFA.
I am pretty sure you are jesting here. But, still dude, have you ever even been outside of the United States?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #143
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
Just thought I would bold that part for any mods that might be scrolling though the thread.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #144
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
Glad you found that. Oh yeah, isn't PES actually the world's best selling football title? So combined I'm just guessing about 16 to 16.5 million units. Madden clocked in about even with Fifa09 for last years sales. Fifa won by roughly 100,000 units. Truth is both are huge sellers, but outside of the US, which the entire universe doesn't revolve around, soccer the sport and videogames are king. And oh yeah, they do run plays based on formations and have these things called set pieces. Much like basketball, they run plays on the fly, something that football doesn't have to do. Oh yeah, that opposable thing called a thumb connected to the thing called a hand? Can't use it. Unless your the goalie. Maybe we could have WR's catch with their facemask?!!!! Research, appreciate, then speak.....

BTW, love the NFL and NCAA football with deep passion, too. But they aren't called the "beautiful game."

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »