Home

Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

This is a discussion on Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
No but you're all acting like because i don't like soccer that must mean i know nothing about the world or i must be some close minded idiot that lives in a cave.
I think its because instead of saying you're not a fan you went a bit extra and said things like you'd rather stab yourself in the leg than watch soccer and that soccer SUCKS!

So, as soccer fans, we take that a bit more personally than simply saying, hey guys, it's not my cup of tea.

Also, the thread never asked you if you like it or not, it just asked if Madden was the most popular sports video game in the world, yet for some reason you felt it was necessary to let us all know how you felt about soccer, I'm not even sure where that came from.

So really, I think we're not big fans of your body of work when it comes to the posts you've made in this thread rather than the fact that you are not a soccer fan.

I guess if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I think its because instead of saying you're not a fan you went a bit extra and said things like you'd rather stab yourself in the leg than watch soccer and that soccer SUCKS!

So, as soccer fans, we take that a bit more personally than simply saying, hey guys, it's not my cup of tea.

Also, the thread never asked you if you like it or not, it just asked if Madden was the most popular sports video game in the world, yet for some reason you felt it was necessary to let us all know how you felt about soccer, I'm not even sure where that came from.

So really, I think we're not big fans of your body of work when it comes to the posts you've made in this thread rather than the fact that you are not a soccer fan.

I guess if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

LOL, i wasn't the first person to bring up my like or dislike of soccer, so whatever pal go watch your terrible sport.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #43
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuX
LOL, i wasn't the first person to bring up my like or dislike of soccer, so whatever pal go watch your terrible sport.
That's real mature. You just proved his point.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore
That's real mature. You just proved his point.
i don't care, i am sick of him, the guy is petty.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

"The World Craig!!"
(Dayday Next Friday)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1

the only Americans who like soccer are the same people who spend every Sunday with the Style section of the Washington Post, pretend to like jazz, and pronounce "Chile" as "CHEE-lay."

America's soccer voluptuaries are a thin-skinnded bunch. For whatever reason, they cannot accept that Americans will never embrace soccer any more than they will embrace the other sacraments of northeast post-Christian urban elitism, like beer snobbery, giving the one kid you had at 39 a ludicrous name like "Tanner," or voting for John Kerry. If you do not like soccer with the passion of a drunken semi-literate Manchester yob, then you're a philistine. Wrap your head around that paradox, if you dare.

As for what the average John Smith non-hispanic, non-ethnic, white American male thinks of soccer? This:

Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini
the only Americans who like soccer are the same people who spend every Sunday with the Style section of the Washington Post, pretend to like jazz, and pronounce "Chile" as "CHEE-lay."

America's soccer voluptuaries are a thin-skinnded bunch. For whatever reason, they cannot accept that Americans will never embrace soccer any more than they will embrace the other sacraments of northeast post-Christian urban elitism, like beer snobbery, giving the one kid you had at 39 a ludicrous name like "Tanner," or voting for John Kerry. If you do not like soccer with the passion of a drunken semi-literate Manchester yob, then you're a philistine. Wrap your head around that paradox, if you dare.

As for what the average John Smith non-hispanic, non-ethnic, white American male thinks of soccer? This:
Stereotype much?
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #48
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconngemini

Wow...That's got to be the most ignorant post I've read in a long time. I think it's time they close this thread down. It's obviously heading in the wrong direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »