Home

Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Two-Pronged Rushing Teams

Do you think we'll have the CPU that use teams such as Carolina, Titans, Falcons, Giants try and be run happy against us?

Just a thought that went through my mind while waiting for the blog to come up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Two-Pronged Rushing Teams

It would be cool. And it would be even better if they actually used both of the guys
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was just going to post about this same thing.
The majority of the teams in the NFL use more than one back nowadays but you only see it sparingly in the game.

Also, being a Giants fan, one of the things that makes their defense so good is the depth at lineman. Being able to rotate fresh guys in the whole game really gives them an advantage and it should be reflected in Madden.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

Yea, If we do see that I would hope the return of fatigue helps that out somewhat, although I would also hope it wouldn't rely on that.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #5
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
It would be cool. And it would be even better if they actually used both of the guys
I have seen a couple teams use both backs over the course of a game allbeit uneffectively and most of the time it only shows up in the two back set in shotgun or when the first string rb gets hurt but I would LOVE to see more implementation on teams that do this, which I mean is almost every team now days.

Titans Jets Cowboys(Probably using all 3 backs this year like the giants do) Vikings(sort of) Eagles(Before Buckhalter left) Redskins(when their backups arent hurt) etc. etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

SUBS...especially against the CPU were non-existant. They would only use 1 back and the same players on D regardless of down or situation.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah if I'm playing a franchise as the Titans and sim all 16 games I should have Johnson and Lendale similar in touchdowns and not that far enough apart in rushing yards.

I hated playing 09 franchise and seeing Fred Taylor with 1300 yds and 9 tds and then see MJD with 400 yds and 1 td.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Also, being a Giants fan, one of the things that makes their defense so good is the depth at lineman. Being able to rotate fresh guys in the whole game really gives them an advantage and it should be reflected in Madden.
I never see this happen in madden on teams, would love to see nickel linebackers and speed rushers come in on 3rd down or at least see some dline rotation on teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »