Home

Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Interesting tidbit From Phil's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27
Dont know what "Twitter" is but im positive no one who uses it can make a great football game. Lets hope the other developer Ian is carrying a large amount of the slack

Most of the madden team and ea use twitter.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 AM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Collingsworth was surprisingly good on Madden. Hammond was as dull as watching the IGA truck unload on a Friday night.

One word that comes to mind with Dan and Peter; nauseating. I thought after so many games it was like hearing your fingernails on chalkboard.

This thread makes it appear commentary, like movies and music, is subjective.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm seeing an intentional effort by a few people to be as negative as they can, or to insult these developers in whatever way they can get away with.

For the record, the commentary in '09 was the best the game has ever had. In fact, Madden NFL '09 was the best next-gen iteration of the game...and 10 will by far be the best EA has put out.

If you hatin on these guys now, then you clearly have an agenda (of which I want no part). A few of you have been reported to OS mods, and some have been placed on ignore by this user.

If your not here to help...GTFO!

I work too hard, and I take time (that I don't have) out of my day to come here and contribute to this community effort every day & night...I will not have a few bad apples stop the awesome progress we are making with the developers.

Take the damn bull by the horns fellas.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 35

Pat Summerall was so cool
Old 03-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I don't know what people are complaining about with the commentary last year. It was way better than it has been in years. Collinsworth actually said things that made sense and also brought some humor into the game at times. Ok, Hammond's performance was forgettable and I can still hear him reminding me that this is, "an EA SPORTS PRESENTATION" which drives me insane but all in all (mainly because of Collinsworth) it was an improvement over past iterations.
Hopefully there will be some more teamwork between the two and as someone said Collinsworth's emotion could rub off on Hammond.
In real life I'm not a big fan of Collinsworth's commentary though. Kind of weird that in Madden I thought it was better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
I'm seeing an intentional effort by a few people to be as negative as they can, or to insult these developers in whatever way they can get away with.

For the record, the commentary in '09 was the best the game has ever had. In fact, Madden NFL '09 was the best next-gen iteration of the game...and 10 will by far be the best EA has put out.

If you hatin on these guys now, then you clearly have an agenda (of which I want no part). A few of you have been reported to OS mods, and some have been placed on ignore by this user.

If your not here to help...GTFO!

I work too hard, and I take time (that I don't have) out of my day to come here and contribute to this community effort every day & night...I will not have a few bad apples stop the awesome progress we are making with the developers.

Take the damn bull by the horns fellas.
The commentary last year was the best because we have been stuck with the radio announcer for the last three years. Anything would be better than that.

Hammond was terrible last year and sounded like Sports Talk Football on the Genesis. His words....were ALL BROKEN...and disjointed when THEY.....were strung together. Just pathetic.

Collinsworth was decent enough as a color guy and basically came off like he does on Sundays. He had a very natural feel to him.

Some of the older commentary with Madden and Summeral/Michaels was great. It just got old because it was the same every year, but the actual quality of it was great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #62
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Pat Summerall was so cool
I personally couldn't stand him but he is better than Hammond was in 09 imo.

I really really like Collinsworth though. Hopefully Hammond will get better. I wonder what the guys at EA told him to do so that he would be better and not get offended at the same time. I think even Phil knew that Hammond wasn't that good in 09 becuase in an interview he praised Collinsworth a bunch and he didn't say anything about Hammond at all.

You gotta love Hammonds line:
"EA Sports... If it's in the game, it's in the game??" lol

But yeah here's to hoping Hammond gets better.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
I personally couldn't stand him but he is better than Hammond was in 09 imo.

I really really like Collinsworth though. Hopefully Hammond will get better. I wonder what the guys at EA told him to do so that he would be better and not get offended at the same time. I think even Phil knew that Hammond wasn't that good in 09 becuase in an interview he praised Collinsworth a bunch and he didn't say anything about Hammond at all.

You gotta love Hammonds line:
"EA Sports... If it's in the game, it's in the game??" lol

But yeah here's to hoping Hammond gets better.

lol...thats was pretty bad...lol

I remember I was very critical of his voice before the game came out, and everyone was saying "you don't even have the game yet"...lol

Its funny now, here I am defending the fact that he'll be better this year...and universally everyone acknoledges the fact that he was much less than stellar in '09. Good post, and a more than fair criticism.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #64
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Madden 09 was definitely the best in the series commentary wise. I think Collinsworth did a excellent job. If they add some replays specific commentary and more situational commentary, it'll be gold.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »