Home

Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

This is a discussion on Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NASCAR 21: Ignition Announced, Releases on October 28 - Trailer & Some Details Revealed
FIFA 22 Career Mode Deep Dive: What's in and What's Not
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
Banned
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Great Pass protection blockers yes, Full Time Full Backs.....not so much.
Derrville is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #26
Rookie
 
ghostlight85's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
You can't fix cheese by running Felix Jones into the flat from the fullback posistion, there is no way to realisticly hinder him from dominating at that spot. Him blocking on the other hand is fixable but his ability to be a reciever out of the backfield is great, the thing is it just shouldn't come from the fullback posistion.

You can defend an FB flat regardless of who runs it by calling a good play, if the defense performs the way it's supposed to. If I see Felix Jones in at FB, I would automatically want pass coverage instead of run coverage.
ghostlight85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:15 PM   #27
EA Sports' Equipment Guru
 
KANE699's Arena
 
OVR: 35
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Heathrow, FL
Posts: 3,453
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
You can defend an FB flat regardless of who runs it by calling a good play, if the defense performs the way it's supposed to. If I see Felix Jones in at FB, I would automatically want pass coverage instead of run coverage.
While playing madden 09 even with pass coverage, usually cover 3, the fb flat still tends to be open even when its a fullback and they will usually get at least 3 or 4 yards.
KANE699 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #28
Rookie
 
c dizzy m baby's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The QC
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If a game "has" to remove something like moving players around on your team then the gameplay is broken. If they fixed the issue of a hb blocking like a Olinemen then you wouldnt have to limit anything. Some HBs play FB in real life. Greg Jones can do both. In fact alot of HBs that are to slow or not quick playFB in the NFL.
I agree with this post that this is an area where making sure ratings mean something, and making sure players are rated accurately would be nice here.

I posted this because I just played the Buccaneers and all the guy did was put Dunn at FB and C. Williams at HB and run FB dives and sweeps.

Also semi regarding this will players like these with low size/strength/trucking be able to do the animation where when they hit up on the Truck stick and even though they dont break the tackle they put the defender (especially Dlinemen) on their back? That also isnt realistic enough.
c dizzy m baby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #29
Rookie
 
ghostlight85's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2009
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
While playing madden 09 even with pass coverage, usually cover 3, the fb flat still tends to be open even when its a fullback and they will usually get at least 3 or 4 yards.
I completely agree. 100%. I just think I'd rather they fix the issue of defensive zone assignments and run/pass containment rather than directly attack specific methods of cheese. The cheesers will always find a way with a broken game.
ghostlight85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:37 PM   #30
Rookie
 
c dizzy m baby's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The QC
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Ian will the new FB dive animation affect Dives from and offset I formation like Weak and Strong formation?

Also regarding the FB dive I hope you guys at least consider my idea about when people audible WRs and TEs to the fullback spot they will occasionally put the wrong hand up and it will cause fumbles.
c dizzy m baby is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #31
MVP
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

In regards to running backs never lining up at fullback for a whole game earnest graham did it this last year.

As far as limiting where you can put players, I am completely against putting false limitations on the game. Even with the example of putting harvin at FB and running FB flats, what they need to do is show the players who the offense has in. Once you see the 3rd receiver (harvin) there then you should adjust your coverage accordingly. Then with the player matchups the correct guy should be covering him. This will leave him in a situation similar to catching the ball on a screen and if your defense is playing in proper position you should have a fair shot at a stop.
kcarr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 PM   #32
MVP
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
In regards to running backs never lining up at fullback for a whole game earnest graham did it this last year.

As far as limiting where you can put players, I am completely against putting false limitations on the game. Even with the example of putting harvin at FB and running FB flats, what they need to do is show the players who the offense has in. Once you see the 3rd receiver (harvin) there then you should adjust your coverage accordingly. Then with the player matchups the correct guy should be covering him. This will leave him in a situation similar to catching the ball on a screen and if your defense is playing in proper position you should have a fair shot at a stop.

You are spot on here too. If you corretly label personnel, formations and "incorrect" subs become a much smaller issue, and maybe not an issue at all.
CreatineKasey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Top -