Home

Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

This is a discussion on Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #33
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
Ian will the new FB dive animation affect Dives from and offset I formation like Weak and Strong formation?

Also regarding the FB dive I hope you guys at least consider my idea about when people audible WRs and TEs to the fullback spot they will occasionally put the wrong hand up and it will cause fumbles.
Seems normal to me, TE's and WR's aren't used to taking handoffs and shouldn't be if this is a sim game, the only time a wr should be running with the ball behind the line of scrimmage is on a wr pass, a reverse, or wr screen.

The Ernest Graham thing has a case but thats because he really got moved to fullback due to their runningback core being healthy again and he is big enough to be a fullback.

Seems to me there are a lot of cheesers in this thread.

Audibling so that the wr is at fullback? Come on.

Last edited by KANE699; 03-30-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:03 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Seems normal to me, TE's and WR's aren't used to taking handoffs and shouldn't be if this is a sim game, the only time a wr should be running with the ball behind the line of scrimmage is on a wr pass, a reverse, or wr screen.

The Ernest Graham thing has a case but thats because he really got moved to fullback due to their runningback core being healthy again and he is big enough to be a fullback.

Seems to me there are a lot of cheesers in this thread.

Audibling so that the wr is at fullback? Come on.
I agree, you shouldn't be able to successfully use a WR at fullback. All I am saying is rather than adding limitations that don't exist in real life is the wrong way to go about it. The right way to go about it is looking at why it wouldn't work and taking care of it in that way.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #35

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I agree, you shouldn't be able to successfully use a WR at fullback. All I am saying is rather than adding limitations that don't exist in real life is the wrong way to go about it. The right way to go about it is looking at why it wouldn't work and taking care of it in that way.
I suppose I would just rather not see them there, Maybe if they put a weight limit on the fb sub? So you have to be a certain weight to be put in the posistion on the field?

But really maybe if they tone down the effectiveness of the fb in the passing game it will go against true life, because how many times have we seen a fullback WIDE open near the goaline because the linebacker blitzed or missed his assignment, I mean these things happen, but they shouldn't be taken even more advantage of with some player thats super fast that would never play the posistion.

Just lame in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 AM   #36
All Star

OVR: 33

We should be able to put ANY player ANYWHERE.

The gameplay should fix whatever convulated glitch we're trying to do.

Let me put my QB in at Dlinemen. I just want to see him get crushed every play if not injured before then.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #37

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
We should be able to put ANY player ANYWHERE.

The gameplay should fix whatever convulated glitch we're trying to do.

Let me put my QB in at Dlinemen. I just want to see him get crushed every play if not injured before then.
Thats fine but you are using an extreme here.

My point focuses on just the fullback since for the past few years its been a very key player and the ability to put a WR with 99 speed or a very fast rb in his place knowing no NFL team would do this and in fact it exploits the ever living crap out of the game is just ludacris to me.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
BTW my sentiments do not apply to split back formations such as pro set or shotgun formations with two backs, those arent true fullback posistions and do not apply to what im talking about.
Then since you suggest stopping us putting running backs at fullback, I'll ask my question again. How would you label the 2 backs in those formations?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #39

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Then since you suggest stopping us putting running backs at fullback, I'll ask my question again. How would you label the 2 backs in those formations?
I've stated 2 or 3 times that those are two back sets and not true fullback posistions and do not apply to what im saying.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
I've stated 2 or 3 times that those are two back sets and not true fullback posistions and do not apply to what im saying.
I know they aren't true fullback positions. That is kind of my point. They are still labelled as FB's in Madden, so what do you propose instead?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »