Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

That was disappointing.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #98
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Kinda surprised few are caring about the injury and fatigue sliders...those have been requests for over 5 years I think.

Also, accelerated clock threshold is a number at which the play clock will run down to...you can toggle between 15, 20, and 25 seconds. Say you have it set to 15 seconds, then as long as the play clock is at 15 or above, then it will run down to 15. Same for 20 or 25.
Excellent, thanks for the explanation.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog: Customization

Quote:
PS - Accelerated clock (as of right now) doesn't accelerate in the final 2 minutes of each half. I know this has been hotly debated, so if you guys want to bring back that thread again I'd be happy to discuss the decision.

I am very happy to see that! Outstanding, good decision. Also, I am thrilled with the injury sliders, and the fatique sliders...I just want to see more variety in the types of injuries accuring, and more lengthy in-game time missed...instead of the guy going out for a play or two...he should be gone for a whole qtr, or maybe a half even.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #100
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Kinda surprised few are caring about the injury and fatigue sliders...those have been requests for over 5 years I think.
I am also glad to see this in. The thing is with fatigue, I have been trying to get this to someone at EA for a while. I feel that it is implemented wrong (unless it is now). Fatigue should not only be how fast a player gets tired *each play*, but also how fast a player gets tired *during a play*. Right now, I can run around in circles at a dead sprint for as long as I want in Madden and NCAA. You cannot get tired during a play, and that is also what fatigue needs to be a factor in. How fast a player not only gets tired after each play, but during each play also. This could help when a player breaks tackles and then goes on to run for a 90 yard TD. With fatigue working in play, that player is most likely going to get chased from behind by some body who hadn't been touched, and who had been on the play side.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 6

More camera modes are planned, currently on the contingency list. Details can be found here: Task 00010. (That task will handle adding new options to this screen.)

Seems like new camera angles are FINALLY going to be added. I wonder what they might be because I think Ian said that there was some problem getting custom angles in this year. Something about it needed a re-write.

I'm just hoping we get a Defensive perspective camera option when playing defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #102
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

Injury and fatigue sliders are a great addition. I think I was just hoping for a few more types of customization. Logos, unis could use a boost in Create A Team. Stadiums too.

I think given your apparent inclinations, we all just assumed that you would push things like injury/fatigue sliders into the game. So confirming it didn't have the pop some of the other blogs have had. You've set the bar a little high for our expectations.

All the same, great job so far. Madden is shaping up nicely, it seems, and the blogs have had nothing but good information. Obviously we all look forward to them each monday.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #103
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyColts2
I am also glad to see this in. The thing is with fatigue, I have been trying to get this to someone at EA for a while. I feel that it is implemented wrong (unless it is now). Fatigue should not only be how fast a player gets tired *each play*, but also how fast a player gets tired *during a play*. Right now, I can run around in circles at a dead sprint for as long as I want in Madden and NCAA. You cannot get tired during a play, and that is also what fatigue needs to be a factor in. How fast a player not only gets tired after each play, but during each play also. This could help when a player breaks tackles and then goes on to run for a 90 yard TD. With fatigue working in play, that player is most likely going to get chased from behind by some body who hadn't been touched, and who had been on the play side.
I agree. But I think it goes beyond just getting tired during a play. I think fatigue should also be tied to stamina for the length of the game. Some players can stay fresh a lot longer than others for the duration of the game.

I'm thinking something similar to what Fifa got right now. Players start the game out fresh, but as the game goes on they're "energy" bar depletes forcing you to make a change. I'm not asking them to implement the same system, but I think if your RB has carried the ball over 30 times, he should be pretty useless (or close to it depending on stamina) by the time the 4th quarter arrives. Just my opinion.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 16

Good blog,

Little thing in the blog caught my eye such as pre-game warmups. Guys that are saying its disappointing, remember there is still 4 months left so why spoil the big features yet?

Give it time, its only April.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »