Home

Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

This is a discussion on Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
In my opinion...Adaptive AI, is the key to Madden becoming a true simulation game.

Adding this feature, would change Madden from being a game of checkers to chess. Having to game plan and make adjustments is nearly everything in football. Adaptive AI would bring this to the Madden game.

agreed, this would be the ultimate feature for Madden
Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 33

NBA 2K9 had basic adaptive AI i think. If i used lebron all day, they would double him as soon as he touched it. But as far as double teaming the opponent that is dominating, i'm don't think it had true adaptive ai.

Imo, I don't think Adaptive AI is easy to implement. Football just has too many variables. That being said. I expect adaptive ai to be in madden in the near future, if not this year.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
I do the same as well and then make coverage Playmakers based on the formation.....I have good not great D...

I see that making it so that the AI jumps routes based on how many times you run them is a cop out and shouldnt be in the game....

EX: I just learned alot of route combos that REAL nfl teams use every game and added them into my game.....

They will run lets say a curl flats combo on the backside of the formation all the while running a totally diff route combo on the other side....they will do this every play. run curl flats on the backside and run whatever on the other.......

so If i keep running curl flats on the backside and Diff stuff on the other is it fair that the AI can jump that play just bc I run curl flats combo alot on the backside........It should be up to the playcaller to make changes. this separates the good players from the rest imo
So your basically saying you run the same routes every play and hope there isn't a feature to make you change your play calling? Show me one team in the NFL that runs the same exact routes every play and it works every time. If this actually worked teams would just move right on down the field all day in the NFL but there are more punts in the Real NFL than there will ever be in Madden.

Your are not going to convince me that Champ Bailey is going to play a WR running the Out route every time as if he just saw it for the first time LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 03:36 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Adaptive AI would make 2010 a buy, instead of a rental.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
Adaptive AI would make 2010 a buy, instead of a rental.
Exactly!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I believe this concept IS in madden already. The "Awareness/Play Stealer" Weapon gives away a play ran too often. Along with this I believe the defense reacts better to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

it's in the game but that is only with a very few select players, and if a player only has 90 or 91, they won't almost ever read the play neways.

And IMO the play recognition weapon is soooo cheese, in real life knowing the other teams play makes a difference, but doesn't decide anyhting, in madden, if the O knows the D's play it's soooo easy for a completion, and you can't audible to a different play!
Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #15
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
In my opinion...Adaptive AI, is the key to Madden becoming a true simulation game.

Adding this feature, would change Madden from being a game of checkers to chess. Having to game plan and make adjustments is nearly everything in football. Adaptive AI would bring this to the Madden game.
You always beat me to it!!

I just don't have a good feeling for a true Adaptive AI in Madden 10. I'm hoping for it of course, but I'm not confident we'll see one.

Edit: I just want to get a similar rush playing against the CPU that I do against a human opponent. You know, that feeling you get when you come out in a foreign formation that you haven't used all game, and start to imagine how confused your opponent probably is LOL.

Last edited by RGiles36; 03-31-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #16
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You always beat me to it!!

Not always my friend.

I do have an advantage though....I post the same damn thing every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »