Home

Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

This is a discussion on Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Will the A.I. start tracking player tendancies or plays?

I dont like anything that helps stupidity.

If the core defenses in conjuction with hot routes worked as advertised, there should be no need for adaptive AI.

The adjustments to whats happening should be all made by the user NOT the AI. The AI should ONLY follow the instructions of the play called. You must call plays that amplify the strengths of your team and hide its weakness. You must also know what plays to call to adjust to what your opponent is doing to you.

If the DEVS can ever get the game to a point where there is no passing route or run play or blitz or player interaction that gives a user a advantage that does not have a counter, or that does not require you to resort "non - football" style of gameplay, then we wont worry about "AI" so much

Just make the defenses stop what they are suppose to stop(in the scope of your personel--man to man changes everything) and make the offenses exploit the defenses they are suppose to exploit(withing the scope of personel--man to man changes everything)

Once ALL bugs/exploits are removed from the game, the only one we will have to blame for failed "AI" should be us. However there will be those who will debate how successful/unsuccessful things should be, like they are with how certain players should be rated.

Expectation and reason is gonna be debated to the end of time.

I "expect" a shutdown CB to shutdown most WR's but is is "reasonable" to think he should win his matchup all the time in every situation ? Who determines how many times he wins and loses ? Who would be right when the answer is given ?

What say yall.....what say yalllll ?!?
Old 03-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

The VIP system in 2k5 was great. I'd LOVE to see a similar thing with stat tracking and tendencies.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
You always beat me to it!!

I just don't have a good feeling for a true Adaptive AI in Madden 10. I'm hoping for it of course, but I'm not confident we'll see one.

Edit: I just want to get a similar rush playing against the CPU that I do against a human opponent. You know, that feeling you get when you come out in a foreign formation that you haven't used all game, and start to imagine how confused your opponent probably is LOL.
Great minds think alike. You and Vikes are DEAD ON.

Here's the thing, a computer is a math machine. For all the gazillion computations per second that your 360 or PS3 has to do to make the dynamic shading and polygonal fizzpopper filters work you would think they could spare a tiny percentage of that processing power to track stats. But somehow they can't, and I don't understand this.

When the CPU is on offense it's not nearly as noticeable, but when the CPU goes on defense it's very obvious. If you just wait for single man coverage on your star WR, it ALWAYS comes. No matter how many times you've torched the CPU deep. This drives me crazy because I never need much of my playbook to destroy the CPU.

It's also the reason the CPU offense cheats so much. It does not time it's deep patterns and screen passes to catch you blitzing, it just refuses to cover anyone when you bring the heat so you get torched even when you should have the field blanketed.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles

When the CPU is on offense it's not nearly as noticeable, but when the CPU goes on defense it's very obvious. If you just wait for single man coverage on your star WR, it ALWAYS comes. No matter how many times you've torched the CPU deep. This drives me crazy because I never need much of my playbook to destroy the CPU.
Exactly SS.

I use the depth of my play book out of sear boredom...rather than necessity.

As you said...with the cpu simply calculating down and distance, and then randomly choosing a defensive call...or just "Knowing" the Users play call, it's a drag.

This eliminates any need for game planning, or adjustments throughout the game. It would be quite the wake up call to actually have the cpu "figuring" you out. Ie...no more dumb *** cpu. For the time being, I'm using the "Ask Madden" feature, because of the lack of Adaptive AI.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN
So your basically saying you run the same routes every play and hope there isn't a feature to make you change your play calling? Show me one team in the NFL that runs the same exact routes every play and it works every time. If this actually worked teams would just move right on down the field all day in the NFL but there are more punts in the Real NFL than there will ever be in Madden.

Your are not going to convince me that Champ Bailey is going to play a WR running the Out route every time as if he just saw it for the first time LOL.
No Im saying that I run Alot of the same route combos every play....SO if I run Lets say again a curl flats combo on the left side. But I do It from 12 diff formations. Do you think it is fair that a cb can completely jump this....NO im mixing my playcalling and that is what NFL TEAMS DO, they will run the same play from diff formations OVER AND OVER if the D keeps giving them that....Thats y im saying that it is kind of unfair bcuz what im doing is very SIM....

I agree if the offense just runs lets say curl flats from singleback ace and keeps doing it from THAT 1 FORMATION that it should be jumped......But it cant be like they jump the curl for a pic 6....they should just sneak up closer each time they run the play more than lets say 4 times......I think that is fair dont u agree?

But Defensive playcalling should be the biggest factor in everything....If they keep running curl flats and u stay in a cover 3 u deserve to KEEP GETTING BURNED........

People want to make madden too user friendly.......Lets say im on O and I keep running a HB dive play and keep getting a constant gain of 4-6 yards a pop. Should the AI automatically make it so that I cant keep running with that success if u the user of the Defense does nothing different...It should be up to u to pinch and crash your DL down to try and stop the play....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
Pro

^^^^^
Im my above post im talking more about online play......just 2 clarify
Old 03-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
No Im saying that I run Alot of the same route combos every play....SO if I run Lets say again a curl flats combo on the left side. But I do It from 12 diff formations. Do you think it is fair that a cb can completely jump this....NO im mixing my playcalling and that is what NFL TEAMS DO, they will run the same play from diff formations OVER AND OVER if the D keeps giving them that....Thats y im saying that it is kind of unfair bcuz what im doing is very SIM....

I agree if the offense just runs lets say curl flats from singleback ace and keeps doing it from THAT 1 FORMATION that it should be jumped......But it cant be like they jump the curl for a pic 6....they should just sneak up closer each time they run the play more than lets say 4 times......I think that is fair dont u agree?

But Defensive playcalling should be the biggest factor in everything....If they keep running curl flats and u stay in a cover 3 u deserve to KEEP GETTING BURNED........

People want to make madden too user friendly.......Lets say im on O and I keep running a HB dive play and keep getting a constant gain of 4-6 yards a pop. Should the AI automatically make it so that I cant keep running with that success if u the user of the Defense does nothing different...It should be up to u to pinch and crash your DL down to try and stop the play....
Look at what you put there that I highlighted LOL. Anybody who has any sense would switch up there defense but you can only manually control 1 player out of 11. What does a "Real NFL Team" do? They will set you up for a different play later. If a NFL Team see's a CB try and jump a curl route they will later use a studder route or a stop and go route to burn him. My point is that you will not see a NFL team be able to use the same routes over and over again or they pass will be going the other direction.

You sound like the kind of person I am talking about here. You run 3 routes you have perfected but out of all different formations and expect people to call that SIM? If a NFL team knows you run 3 routes only you will fail. A damn highschool CB would pick up on it and jump it LOL. I understand running a route and seeing a CB trying to jump the route and set him up later on a big play.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:55 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN

You sound like the kind of person I am talking about here. You run 3 routes you have perfected but out of all different formations and expect people to call that SIM? If a NFL team knows you run 3 routes only you will fail.
Im going 2 ignore the fact that you try to stereotype my madden game without even playing me and get 2 my point.....

Just google: Spread offense playbooks, West Coast Playbooks any u will clearly see FROM LEDGENDARY COACHES THEMSELVES that all they do is run a few route combos a game.........

They run :
Follow
Switch
Curl flat
Slant flat
Double Slants
Levels
and some more but I cant remember from the top of my dome

They will run these combos from MANY DIFF FORMATIONS and since u made a stereotype about my madden game without even playing me Im going to make a judgement on your Football knowledge without knowing u and say u dont have alot of football knowledge.

Coaches scout the opp D and scheme to attack their "weak link" with route combos......If u have a bad MLB in zone cov HE!L im running follow and switch and level route combos all day long and dare u to do anything about it....

SO IT IS VERY SIM

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »