Home

M.Young-fixing revo and new facemasks?

This is a discussion on M.Young-fixing revo and new facemasks? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
M.Young-fixing revo and new facemasks?

I know this gets stated and lost within threads, but persitance seems to get things changed. Will you've fixing the revo helmets and facemasks so they don't pertrude so much, and will the new facemasks be in the game. Many people would like some confirmation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: M.Young-fixing revo and new facemasks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank26
I know this gets stated and lost within threads, but persitance seems to get things changed. Will you've fixing the revo helmets and facemasks so they don't pertrude so much, and will the new facemasks be in the game. Many people would like some confirmation.
Dying to know this but I don't think he will say yet.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Conversation with Michael Young mostly about cleats but mentions equipment. Maybe this will give you some peace of mind...

Re: Cleats

I know how important shoes are to certain people, I was on NBA Street for 7 years Like I said this is on our radar, but is a huge challenge for this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

That's great to hear the team is at least giving it a shot. Overall I'm really happy you guys were able to add the other little aesthetic stuff that makes the game feel real - it looks great so far. I also never thought I'd see the day I would be in contact with a developer of the game I've played since 2001. Your team (along with the NCAA guys) have done an outstanding job including us in the development of the game.

Back to the cleats though..

I hope you do find the time to mess with the footwear, but if not there is always next year. If it comes down to something like updating franchise or cleats, I'd rather see time go to the bigger aspect of the game. It wont be a deal breaker at all of course..it'd just be nice see some love go to shoes for once.

Thanks for the reply, and keep up all the good work.

Mark

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA

Honestly this is something we are looking at. We have added lots of stuff to the game and are trying to find the memory to stuff a few more things in. We want them too. Adding refs and lots of the other new equipment took lot's of optimization, so all I can say is we are still working on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BORN4CORN

Hey Michael, first of all great blog today! I really enjoy photography, and when its dealing with Madden---wow sick.

What's up..My name is Mark and I'm basically just wondering if the team plans to do something with the cleats in the game??
(I'm not sure if this is your area).

I realize there is some sort of an agreement with Reebok, but can't you guys add at least some different colors/styles if you must keep the Reebok brand?

There are several people who have been asking about this, but absolutely no one will answer. Many of us of have posted some pictures of cleats (even Reebok brand) for reference...

Can you shed some light on the cleat situation for me and the rest of the equipment nuts in the community?

Thanks for your time man.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:15 PM   #4

KANE699's Arena

"Adding refs and lots of the other new equipment took lot's of optimization"

I like the sound of this but what upsets me is the only new equipment we have seen is secondary colored equipment and hand towels. Here's to believing that there will be a bunch more, especially facemasks.

In fact here is my facemask and helmet addition thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-updates.html
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #5

KANE699's Arena

I'd also like to mention I don't see the facemasks being fixed, I only see new ones being added, I also dont see the full cage facemasks or 3 bar rb facemasks eye openings being closed more either because I don't think they can tweak the facemasks, im pretty sure they actually have to start over from scratch on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Guys,

The No "Hey Ian!" threads rule also applies to "Hey Michael Young" threads.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »