Home

Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

This is a discussion on Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8
Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Im just wondering if people will be able to put their small backup RBs Like Warrick Dunn, Jerious Norwood, Felix Jones etc. in at FB, and not only run the ball but lead blocking. I just cant believe that my 250 lb. LB can't blow up/pancake a 200 lb. RB trying to block him the majority of the time. It almost is an advantage to have a HB at FB because he has the speed to get there faster. I really hope this gets addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Will Warrick Dunn/Felix Jones type back be able to lead block M10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c dizzy m baby
Im just wondering if people will be able to put their small backup RBs Like Warrick Dunn, Jerious Norwood, Felix Jones etc. in at FB, and not only run the ball but lead blocking. I just cant believe that my 250 lb. LB can't blow up/pancake a 200 lb. RB trying to block him the majority of the time. It almost is an advantage to have a HB at FB because he has the speed to get there faster. I really hope this gets addressed.
I think people putting in the 2nd string rb at the true fullback posistion needs to be taken out of the game.

There should only be two players playing at the fb posistion in madden and that is a FB or a TE.

This doesn't go for shotgun sets, that is fine and normal and not really a true fullback posistion.

I think the rb sub for fb needs to be completely removed out of the game except on shotgun formations.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I think people putting in the 2nd string rb at the true fullback posistion needs to be taken out of the game.

There should only be two players playing at the fb posistion in madden and that is a FB or a TE.

This doesn't go for shotgun sets, that is fine and normal and not really a true fullback posistion.

I think the rb sub for fb needs to be completely removed out of the game except on shotgun formations.
If a game "has" to remove something like moving players around on your team then the gameplay is broken. If they fixed the issue of a hb blocking like a Olinemen then you wouldnt have to limit anything. Some HBs play FB in real life. Greg Jones can do both. In fact alot of HBs that are to slow or not quick playFB in the NFL.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think any player should be able to line up anywhere, but like they said above, if I have a 190 pound RB playing FB/lead blocking, then my lineman or LB should be able to run right through the guy. I think all 'RB's should have nearly 0 impact run blocking, or however they do it this year.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #5

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
If a game "has" to remove something like moving players around on your team then the gameplay is broken. If they fixed the issue of a hb blocking like a Olinemen then you wouldnt have to limit anything. Some HBs play FB in real life. Greg Jones can do both. In fact alot of HBs that are to slow or not quick playFB in the NFL.
Greg Jones does not play halfback just because he did in college does not mean he does in the NFL he is a fullback.

The day I see Leon Washington Chris Johnson Felix Jones or Maurice Jones-Drew playing fullback is the day im ok with it being in madden.

Things like this don't happen in the nfl and they shouldn't happen in the game, not to say that them blocking shouldn't be fixed but it also shouldn't be an option to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #6

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizle
I think any player should be able to line up anywhere, but like they said above, if I have a 190 pound RB playing FB/lead blocking, then my lineman or LB should be able to run right through the guy. I think all 'RB's should have nearly 0 impact run blocking, or however they do it this year.
If Madden is going sim this year then why would you want them to differentiate from that and be able to put lineman at WR?

I mean come on, in NFL unless its a 2 back set(with the backs 5 yards apart from each other creating a T with the line) or a 2 back set shotgun formation you will not ever see a halfback in the fullback posistion period.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with you nearly 100%, but with crazy things like the Wildhog formation taking off this year, you can't tell me a QB never lines up at the WR slot. I know we'll never get the perfect sim game we all want, but freedom is something I don't think they should take away.

It already kills me on special teams, when I can't sub in the players I want. Apparently on kickoffs, I can only put in certain WRs/CBs in certain positions, and LBs in others. I should be able to put whoever I want there, imo.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Greg Jones does not play halfback just because he did in college does not mean he does in the NFL he is a fullback.

The day I see Leon Washington Chris Johnson Felix Jones or Maurice Jones-Drew playing fullback is the day im ok with it being in madden.

Things like this don't happen in the nfl and they shouldn't happen in the game, not to say that them blocking shouldn't be fixed but it also shouldn't be an option to begin with.
I said he can do both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NiwGp1TM5k

He rocks Sean Taylor and he was a beast of a hitter. Tell me why you wouldnt want him at RB sometimes?

Maurice Jones-Drew enough said hes stout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5K1g4SDO2k

You are right lining up scat backs at FB is cheese. But its only cheese because its a flaw in the gameplay. fixes 2 the FB dive will hopefully fix the crazy rushing from the FBs. The real issue is that weight and hieght mean nothing in madden. Real teams will put big players at FB/RB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPmSJ6Txwto

William Perry is the proof and the pudding of if you have a player who can play you will get him out on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »