Home

Simulation stat generation.

This is a discussion on Simulation stat generation. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10
Simulation stat generation.

One thing I've felt has been subpar in previous years on madden is the stat generation for CPU simulated games. In franchise, it is annoying to have teams like the Cardinals perform nothing like they do in real life. The Cardinals had 3 1,000 yard receivers this past season. In madden you will virtually never see 2 on the same team. 2nd wide receivers really never reached much more than 600 yards. Guys like Houshmandzadeh, or Wes Welker just don't perform like they do in real life.

Backup RBs only seem to get significant carries due to injury. I've tried messing with the carries split slider, but it seems fruitless.

QB accuracy was way too high across the board in 09. The worst starting qb in the league was pretty consistently around 60 percent completion percentage.

Fumbles seemed scarce.

These kinds of things are important to Franchise. I want to feel a sense of accomplishment when I compare my team's stats to the rest of the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Simulation stat generation.

Sim engine made a HUGE jump in the right direction last season, considering where it was in '08 and before. A few tweaks and It'll be outstanding.

One of the bright spots of franchise mode was the improvement in that regard, imho.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sim engine made a HUGE jump in the right direction last season, considering where it was in '08 and before. A few tweaks and It'll be outstanding.

One of the bright spots of franchise mode was the improvement in that regard, imho.
I agree, but it's still not where it needs to be. And I would think this is one of the easier things to fix, and will have a big impact on how enjoyable franchise is.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
One thing I've felt has been subpar in previous years on madden is the stat generation for CPU simulated games. In franchise, it is annoying to have teams like the Cardinals perform nothing like they do in real life. The Cardinals had 3 1,000 yard receivers this past season. In madden you will virtually never see 2 on the same team. 2nd wide receivers really never reached much more than 600 yards. Guys like Houshmandzadeh, or Wes Welker just don't perform like they do in real life.

Backup RBs only seem to get significant carries due to injury. I've tried messing with the carries split slider, but it seems fruitless.

QB accuracy was way too high across the board in 09. The worst starting qb in the league was pretty consistently around 60 percent completion percentage.

Fumbles seemed scarce.

These kinds of things are important to Franchise. I want to feel a sense of accomplishment when I compare my team's stats to the rest of the league.

good post, i've never seen 2 WR on the same team with more than 1000+ yards in madden. Same with the teams that use 2 RBs and the backup doesn't do much.

I would also like to see LBs like Merriman, Ware, Porter, Phillips, Harrison etc get more sacks during the season and DTs get less. I once had Pat Williams get 14 sacks, while i think he could do that, i just don't think it would happen.

As you said, i think it would be one of the easier things to fix and would be a big thing for franchise.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

if they fix those things the simulation stats will be almost right on. the only other fix id like 2 see is a player having a record breaking season once in awhile. This year alone we almost had the most sacks and the most passing yards broken.

shoot tom brady broke the passing td last year. Moss edwards and TO had over 15 tds. tong g had 99 catches for over 1100 yards but only got 5 tds. Things like this dont happen in madden yet. currently if you sim each year in and out it almost looks like a broken record of the same stuff happening number wise for different players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

Yeah these issues need to be fixed. I'm really a simmer at heart. I like to play the games every now and then but nothing beats starting up a franchise with a lousy team and building them up to a Super Bowl team over the years. I'm also tired of having 3 or 4 good WRs on my team with a blocking TE but for some reason the blocking TE ends up being one of my QBs main targets. All i want my TE to do is block. Why is that so hard.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
Yeah these issues need to be fixed. I'm really a simmer at heart. I like to play the games every now and then but nothing beats starting up a franchise with a lousy team and building them up to a Super Bowl team over the years. I'm also tired of having 3 or 4 good WRs on my team with a blocking TE but for some reason the blocking TE ends up being one of my QBs main targets. All i want my TE to do is block. Why is that so hard.
Coach Sliders. Set TE. From Receiving, to blocking.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #8
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Coach Sliders. Set TE. From Receiving, to blocking.
This doesn't have a tangible effect on the sim results. I actually have the opposite problem. I like for my TE to be an athletic, receiving TE, and I can never get him to perform at anywhere near the level I expect of a receiving TE except when I play all the games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »