Home
View Poll Results: What Kicking System Do You Think is Best?
Current EA Right Analog System 8 17.02%
Old Three Button EA Kick System 18 38.30%
2K Right Analog System/Other 21 44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Change the Kicking System

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This is hilarious.... lol... (A fantastic idea, but hilarious)

No offense.
lol..yea it looks like a 7-year-old drew it. I use the tools my laptop provides..haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Here's an idea I have for the kicking game with regards to accuracy.

When the ball is snapped a graphic such as this appears (see below and excuse my poor graphic skills, but I just quickly did this in photo shop)

The bullseye represents the perfect place to kick the ball. The vertical and horizontal bars move around but where they cross is where you will strike the ball. They move via moving the left analogue stick but do not stop anywhere. What I mean by this is...if you press left on the stick the crosshair will go all the way to the left of the ball if no other input is made.

What this forces you to do is constanlty adjust the crosshair to get it where you want it to be. To physically stop the crosshair you need to press the A button.

This will then start the kick animation. Depending on how accurately you stopped the crosshair on the ball then the flight of the ball will be affected accordingly, along with wind etc.

Stopping the cosshair bottom left of the bullseye will make the kick rise higher into the air and veer off to the right, whilst stopping the crosshair top right of the bullseye will produce a flatter kick which veers left. Stopping the crosshair outside of the bullseye alltogether could maybe trigger a complete shank or maybe a fumbled/overthrown snap.

Into this mechanic you need to add the effects of your kickers accuracy. The better the kicker the slower the crosshairs move while you are trying to centre them and conversely, the worse the kicker the more unpredictably they move.

I believe this would add a nice balance of user skill and kicker abilility.
Reminds me of FIFA and free kicks in that game..You could move a cross hair/target i believe to put spin on the ball. It also dealt with accuracy in some way. Everyone so far has had some great ideas, all being better than what we currently are forced to use...
Old 04-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Only 21% of the people actually like the current system the way they do it. I hope Ian sees this.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Only 21% of the people actually like the current system the way they do it. I hope Ian sees this.
21% of thirty-three people (as of 8:45 AM) is hardly a majority of game owners...lol...

I do see your point.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
21% of thirty-three people (as of 8:45 AM) is hardly a majority of game owners...lol...

I do see your point.

You are hurting my argument.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

I used to be hard on the kicking system and how easy it is.

With sliders, the kicking system is not hard, so I am proposing to change the default sliders to make kicking harder and more realistic.

You may say... why do u have to change the default level if you adjust the sliders... because during online ranked games (which is 95% of my experience) I can't change the kicking sliders.

If you chose to have a new system.. even better.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 04-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #31
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Im all up for a 3 button method with the pace of the meter determined by a kickers rating. A terrible kicker would have a much more frantic pace, but that doesnt mean it should just move fast the whole time. It should speed up and slow down, keep the player off balance. A clutch kicker would have a smooth, even pace that you could nail 9/10 with. I think the key is replicating the bad kickers with a different speed/rate on the meter

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
There's nothing wrong with the current kicking system.
It's the ratings that need to be overhauled.
If kickers kicked to their ratings, the system wouldn't need to be changed.

And maybe kicker and QB ratings could be flexible for bad weather games ... say a drop of 10 pts or something.
Even if you have realistic Ratings, shoulnt skill be involved?
Shoulnt it be more than leave the arrow where it is on move left or right slightly then full blast power... and see if my guy has the ratings? dont you want it like old-gen where wind played a huge factor and you had to direct the arrow to compensate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »