Home

1st thing to let us know?

This is a discussion on 1st thing to let us know? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: 1st thing to let us know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well at least we all agree on one thing and that's FRANCHISE. I still hate to see comments like adembroski's doubting we will have online franchise. Whenever I see people saying that, despite the fact they don't work for EA, I still get the feeling I'm hanging on to lost hope. I know the game is going to come out dope with everything except Online Franchise. I will convince myself it's ok and then plunk down the $60+ bucks for the game. I'll buy it and spend 20 minutes playing it and then go right back to NCAA and focus on the online dynaty's I have with my boys. I'll then trade MAdden in at Gamestop for $15 on a new game, and end up losing $45.
Theres a store here called Entertainment in dallas that is still paying 30$ for madden 09s.

I think there will be a online franchise tho man. I can feel it.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

I don’t care about online. The ingame stuff should be the number 1 thing the ever talk about or franchise.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #19
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Well at least we all agree on one thing and that's FRANCHISE. I still hate to see comments like adembroski's doubting we will have online franchise. Whenever I see people saying that, despite the fact they don't work for EA, I still get the feeling I'm hanging on to lost hope. I know the game is going to come out dope with everything except Online Franchise. I will convince myself it's ok and then plunk down the $60+ bucks for the game. I'll buy it and spend 20 minutes playing it and then go right back to NCAA and focus on the online dynaty's I have with my boys. I'll then trade MAdden in at Gamestop for $15 on a new game, and end up losing $45.
I'm going to assume you've never played Head Coach 09? Never tried to haggle an incoming rookie over his contract to try to save some cap room only to have him miss some of the preseason and not know the playbook quite as well as some other players. Now you have the decision of starting a rookie who doesn't quite know the plays because he wanted a better deal or benching him and bringing him along slowly and then possibly finding someone who you end up starting for the rest of the season (Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn??)

If we don't get that online then so be it, but if we have it at all.....heaven.

But I do believe it'll be in the game, it's too successful in NCAA for them to not bring to Madden.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
MVP

Online Franchise is the single most important feature of this game for me. If it's in the game, I'll buy it. If not, I'll be passing on Madden until it's in. NCAA's Online Dynasty was so awesome, that I thought that it would be a prerequisite for Madden going forward.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yo Ian and crew. I know you guys are under some sort of gag order or whatever, but whenever you get the chance to start really releasing info, make sure the situation with Online Franchise is the first thing you inform us about. Everything else can be secondary. What say you OSers?!?!?!
Don't you think Ian and co should focus on actually getting the franchise mode to progress pass 5 years without freezing first? Besides one of the guys at EA already hinted that it probably won't be in 10, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm going to assume you've never played Head Coach 09? Never tried to haggle an incoming rookie over his contract to try to save some cap room only to have him miss some of the preseason and not know the playbook quite as well as some other players. Now you have the decision of starting a rookie who doesn't quite know the plays because he wanted a better deal or benching him and bringing him along slowly and then possibly finding someone who you end up starting for the rest of the season (Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn??)

If we don't get that online then so be it, but if we have it at all.....heaven.

But I do believe it'll be in the game, it's too successful in NCAA for them to not bring to Madden.
Yeah I never played Head Coach, the fact I can't control the game makes it a no-buy for me. That scenario sound sweet to me though. Even if was in a offline franchise mode it wouldn't matter to me if I couldn't play my friends. I'm not a play-now guy, I"m a franchise cat. It takes me a month to be able to beat the computer on a consistent basis, and I'm not into adjusting sliders to make the game play better. The game should adapt to me, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
Don't you think Ian and co should focus on actually getting the franchise mode to progress pass 5 years without freezing first? Besides one of the guys at EA already hinted that it probably won't be in 10, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
See i'm assuming little things like that will be corrected already. I shouldn't "wish" for Ian to repair the ridiculous aspects of the game, that should already be guaranteed. When I say I want to hear about Online Franchise, I'm not implying this should be done to the detriment of all else, I'm saying it should be included in the overall package. I don't recall any of the EA guys implying online won't be in. I haven't heard anything to give me an indication either way.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 03-31-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the blogs about route running, acceleration/decelration, blog about QB's, and blog about prod. awareness, first screen shots....

they were all extremely major blogs, esspecially accel/decel blog and i want to hear about those just as much as everything else

i want to here about offenseline blocking, pocket creating, DL interaction is all going to work out waaaay befor i care about franchise
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Online Franchise is the single most important feature of this game for me. If it's in the game, I'll buy it. If not, I'll be passing on Madden until it's in. NCAA's Online Dynasty was so awesome, that I thought that it would be a prerequisite for Madden going forward.

So the game could suck but as long as it has online franchise youll pay $60?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »