Home

Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: 1st thing to let us know?

I will agree with everyone saying offline first. Online would be cool, but it might not even happen. If it does it will more than likely have some issues anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Offline Franchise should come before Online Franchise.
Well obviously You make the offline franchise and then you port it over to on-line... that's assumed... I think that's how NCAA did their Dynasty mode.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Offline should be first.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
As I said I am strictly an offline guy so can anyone explain exactly how online franchise works?

What am I missing?
Well, imagine your off-line franchise, and all the options you have there, or would like to have there, like trading, salary cap management, drafting, progression, etc..etc... and now imagine that instead of you owning one team and the other 31 teams owned by the CPU, you own 1 team and the other 31 teams are owned by other real life people!

So, you kick the whole thing off with a fantasy draft where all 32 owners show up on-line and attend the draft. It's seriously a blast, we did this on the PS2 for the last 3 years, nothing comes close.

Anyway, you draft your team player by player, then you can do trades and what not, and when the season starts you show up and play your game against a real live opponent.

Usually you guys want to setup a forum somewhere to talk about the franchise, to put players on the trade block, talk sh1t, or whatever... you really get into it, its a lot of fun.

There's really no better feeling in Madden the fielding a team that you personally drafted from scratch... If that LG blows a key assignment and leads to a game losing sack for you, well.. you drafted him, tough sh1t

Unfortunately On-line franchise does not exist on the 360/ps3 version of the game, and we really should be getting it. NCAA implimented their version last year, so Madden is already one year behind.

Yes, I understand that the off-line franchise of the game sucks right now, and OBVIOUSLY that needs to be fixed before the on-line franchise aspect is implimented, but I don't think that hte on-line part is that big of a deal when it comes to the work involved.

I think that Off-line franchise is about 80% of the work, and porting it on-line is probably 20% more... where most of that is bug fixing and testing... I could be wrong however, but I don't think I'm far off.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:30 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 26

I only disagree about one thing CapnKill and and that's fantasy draft. I don't like the fantasy draft, I like straight up teams and schedules. I didn't know PS2 madden had online dynasty. Can you do offseason stuff too on PS2?

People should stop with offline first stuff though. That is exactly what the devlopers like to see so they can hold off features for next year and say "Oh well guys wanted this first" There is absolutely no reason they can't do both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #46
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I only disagree about one thing CapnKill and and that's fantasy draft. I don't like the fantasy draft, I like straight up teams and schedules. I didn't know PS2 madden had online dynasty. Can you do offseason stuff too on PS2?

People should stop with offline first stuff though. That is exactly what the devlopers like to see so they can hold off features for next year and say "Oh well guys wanted this first" There is absolutely no reason they can't do both.
That's moot though because EA has already committed to redoing the offline franchise mode, that's why I brought up that scenario about Head Coach 09 because the guys responsible for that game are the one's who are reworking the offline franchise mode for Madden 10 as we speak.

Nothing we say on these forums will change that, that decision was made last year when Ian got his hands on Madden 10 and quite frankly it was long overdue. You're in the minority here man...
Old 03-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #47
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Offline first.

But I do have a question for those that play online. The concept sounds great in theory, but how are you realistically going to find 31 other reliable people? I get frustrated when people don't pay attention to their fantasy teams in fantasy football after 6 weeks, I can't imagine relying on 31 people to keep playing if they're out of the playoffs.

Second...how many years realistically could you get through? Maybe 2...maybe 3? I figure with 32 people having 32 different lives, you probably would play, what, once a week? MAYBE twice a week, if doable. So one season would take anywhere from 2-4 months. Then you gotta have everyone online at the same time for free agency and the draft?

Again, sounds cool in theory...I just don't understand how it would really work.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:56 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

Both, better offline and an online mode please...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »