Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Have you played ncaa's online dynasty?!
No, but I'm strongly considering it despite not being a college football fan. If Madden 10 doesn't have on-line franchise and/or Camera Angles then I will pass and take a look at NCAA since I know it will have Cameras and Dynasty.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
I play online games quite a bit now but I never liked the idea of online Franchise it just doesn't seem like it would work very well it would be the same as leagues now where people never play the games or they quit the league....its a good idea that wouldn't work well...
It works amazingly well, but you have to find a group of guys that are ready to commit to it... and they are out there, I know that for a fact.

I'm not sure why people claim it wouldn't work, when it has worked on the PS2 game remarkably well and the NCAA on-line Dynasty mode is a huge success over there.... where is this "wouldn't work" attitude coming from?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #75
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I personally don't care about online Dynasty but, I see how others would be into it. Do it right or don't do it at all.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 27

To the people that say a small group of friends...

would you really want to play just 5-6 teams that are human players as opposed to 31??? that would be the whole selling point to me is being able to play 31 other people I have started like 2 online leagues populated with people who played sim-style and who seemed commited but when they lost once or if they even played a t all they would just quit the league...same thing will happen with online franchise it is a great idea but it will not work as well as it could...IMO

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #77
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

would you really want to play just 5-6 teams that are human players as opposed to 31??? that would be the whole selling point to me is being able to play 31 other people I have started like 2 online leagues populated with people who played sim-style and who seemed commited but when they lost once or if they even played a t all they would just quit the league...same thing will happen with online franchise it is a great idea but it will not work as well as it could...IMO

actually, im in an online league of 32 members and we have been playing since madden 2007...over 20 combined seasons...so yes it is definatly possible.

and also me and my two best friends play a franchise together, and how it is right now we all have to meet at my house to play our games so we don't progress that fast. But with online franchise we could all play our games simultaneously so it would be VERY helpful.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:

Once again though... it HAS worked... and it CONTINUES to work on the PS2 as well as the NCAA Dynasty.

You have the entire internet at your disposal. Finding 31 other guys that want to do this the right way is not that hard. Yes, you'll have the occasional sore losers that quit after they lose once or twice so you just replace them, no big deal. Eventually you build a solid core of players that drive the entire thing.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 25

I play alot of online...(FPS & strategy). But sports games ONLINE for me are a big..."Hell No!" After so many games of cheezers/hacks/glitchers/quiters....It makes it a chore. Sure, there are a few of my close personal friends that i play online time to time and there is always head to head. But for every GOOD SIM gamer out there (and there are quite a few of us) you have to go through 3x as many fools.

What this has also done is draw alot of SIM gamers away. Are they still there? Yes...Yes we are. But the grind of finding us is becoming a job in itself.

Hopefully M10 will give us SIM crowd our much overdue attention and there will be alot more of us available.....

GT: Dead SA1NT
Old 04-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I play alot of online...(FPS & strategy). But sports games ONLINE for me are a big..."Hell No!" After so many games of cheezers/hacks/glitchers/quiters....It makes it a chore. Sure, there are a few of my close personal friends that i play online time to time and there is always head to head. But for every GOOD SIM gamer out there (and there are quite a few of us) you have to go through 3x as many fools.

What this has also done is draw alot of SIM gamers away. Are they still there? Yes...Yes we are. But the grind of finding us is becoming a job in itself.

Hopefully M10 will give us SIM crowd our much overdue attention and there will be alot more of us available.....

GT: Dead SA1NT
That's the whole point of a league though... to play with people you actually want to play against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »