Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #153
MVP
 
OVR: 27
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I think you are dead wrong. I could eassily imagine more than 20% of people play Madden online. and even a 2% increase in sales adds up to millions of dollars in revenue, so yeah it's worth it.
LOL.

How could I be dead wrong? It's just an estimate, lol. It uses a widely used principle at least though.

Do I think its more than 2%? Sure. Do I think 20%? I'm not so sure.
TheWatcher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #154
Rookie
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Why do you guys think that they will do on-line franchise before they fix off-lien franchise?! Who in their right mind would take that approach? OBVIOUSLY they will fix off-line franchise first and then port it on-line, this is a no brainer. OFF-Line franchise lovers have NOTHING to fear from on-line franchise, absolutely nothing.
EA added online leagues or whatever that crap was last year, before fixing the off-line franchise mode. The off-line franchise mode was still broken and unimproved from Madden 08. They however added some code to play a league of some sort online. I see no reason to not think EA might create an online franchise mode and again neglect the off-line franchise aspects.

EA knows that if they put "ONLINE FRANCHISE - Take your team team online and battle it out with 32 other players to determine the BEST in the NFL!" they will sell a bunch of copies to people.

This can be done at the expense of off-line franchise mode still being broken as they know those of us that play off-line will still play it regardless, as we have no other options.

In fact, if the current off-line franchise were ported to online, I'd wager most of you would be disappointed as well. Off-line needs improved before on-line can be any good.
ewto16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #155
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
EA added online leagues or whatever that crap was last year, before fixing the off-line franchise mode. The off-line franchise mode was still broken and unimproved from Madden 08. They however added some code to play a league of some sort online. I see no reason to not think EA might create an online franchise mode and again neglect the off-line franchise aspects.

EA knows that if they put "ONLINE FRANCHISE - Take your team team online and battle it out with 32 other players to determine the BEST in the NFL!" they will sell a bunch of copies to people.

This can be done at the expense of off-line franchise mode still being broken as they know those of us that play off-line will still play it regardless, as we have no other options.

In fact, if the current off-line franchise were ported to online, I'd wager most of you would be disappointed as well. Off-line needs improved before on-line can be any good.
On-line leagues were in no way shape or form related to Franchise. Off-line franchise / On-line franchise are clearly related. On-line leagues are a joke, and should never make another appearance again.
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #156
Banned
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: I Live in... Sports Centre
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
On-line leagues were in no way shape or form related to Franchise. Off-line franchise / On-line franchise are clearly related. On-line leagues are a joke, and should never make another appearance again.




Thats something i can drink to
Boucher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #157
Banned
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Athens, OH
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
[/b]


Thats something i can drink to
This is one of the most active threads on the Madden forum lately and there is ZERO input from the Devs... Nice...
marktg30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #158
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
This is one of the most active threads on the Madden forum lately and there is ZERO input from the Devs... Nice...
Lets hope it means that its in and they are waiting until the On-line announcements to announce it...

I was not encouraged however about Phil's "Face Book" comment when it came to their "big" on-line announcement...
CapnKill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.

Top -