Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Guys that is besides the point.

Fact of the matter is that there is an online portion of the game so you can't put the online players in a corner and disown them.

I play 90% of my games online with 10% in practice mode trying new plays. I could care less about playing the CPU but know for any Madden game to be the total package it should have a great Franchise mode.

I believe the majority of online players would take a fully blown out online league that has EAsports web page enabled so we can check our league stats out.

We have to get out of the mindset that just because 1 person doesn't care about a certain feature that everyone else shouldn't.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #18
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The fact that over 5 million people have XBL alone, not PSN, tells me that they will never stop trying to make online good. And good for you guys, but I am sure as hell there are more people who play online then off.
I highly doubt that dude.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Seriously, I just don't care at all about this feature. The offline franchise and core game needs so much work, I don't want EA to shoehorn this into this edition.

Offline franchise doesn't even work yet. Let them fix that and get it back to the last-gen level of excellence before they try to port everything over to online.
You don't care about it because you've never experienced it, but that's beside the point.

I don't know why people think that On-line franchise would somehow get in the way of Off-line franchise. Is it not common sense that Off-line franchise needs to be fixed before ON-line franchise can even happen?!

This is the order:

1. Make Off-line Franchise GOOD
2. Port it to On-line with on-line modifications

The problem I have is that I don't think you need two versions of Madden to do this, I think this can be accomplished in one version, but I do understand that they are most likely rebuilding off-line franchise from scratch since they have someone that actually knows what his doing working on it...

So once again, they aren't going to put ON-Line franchise in until they get Off-line franchise fixed up, that is common sense, so please, stop worrying about it.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon3 Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

I agree 100%. In my past experiences with playing online I would either:

a) play against someone who threw every down, never punted and usually quit in the 2nd Q after I went up by 21

or

b) were big cheese heads and knew what to do in order to take advantage of certain plays (and ran them over and over again) or pulled the plug

Honestly, I think EA should create two games. One for online and the second for offline. The online game should have everything that an online gamer would want (chat rooms, vs., Dynasty's, etc.) While, the offline version would be more like a combination of Madden and Head Coach, with a very deep franchise mode that would keep us playing Madden even after the Real Season is over. EA could offer a package deal similar to the one they offered last year. Both games for $90 or something like that.

Anyways, I just wanted to throw in my .02. I'm really excited about Madden this year and would love to see some new (old) dyansty feature's in Madden. I mean, they were there on PS2 so come on. Let's see some SportsCenter with team highlights, news, injury updates, etc (2k). Also, a more in depth draft with Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. How, about hold out's, CPU trades, position battles, etc.??????

Hopefully, we won't be disapointed once August gets here....... Again.......

PS. It would kill Madden for me if they take away the import draft feature. So please don't do this....Thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Honestly, this is sad to read. There are a ton of cheesers online, but there are whole communities of SIM madden gammers. I am part of MaddenWars and majority of that crew is straight sim. My only problem was keeping in touch with those people regularly. We started up an 09 sim league with 6min Quarters on All-madden and I went 3-1 after my first 4 games and was ratted highly amoung the crowed in redgards to sim play. Saddly I couldn't finish as setting up games got more difficult each week.

I digress, the point is that if you can find true sim players, online can be some of the most fun playing Madden you may ever have. I loved franchise mode in the past but I also get tired of playign the computer all the time. Having another true sim opponant really mixes things up.
i love playing APF online just not madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The thing missing about this whole aspect is that an Online franchise would be much more time consuming than people realize. 17 regular season games per person, plus playoffs, not to mention FA signings (and HOW would you co-ordinate this between say 12- 32 users? Who gets first shot? How is the signing determined? and thats not counting signings in the season) The NFL draft, preseason, I could go on and on but you get the point. Now with that being said, half of those aspects aren't right in offline franchises, so how/why would online franchise get them right?

HELLO BROOKYLN.
All Black Everything
Old 03-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

Here's the thing.

After playing on-line against a real live opponent with a pulse and a human brain, I can't play against the CPU ever again. I take zero pleasure from beating the CPU, it is no fun at all for me in any way shape or form.

I can only assume that people who hate on-line play fall mainly in these two categories:

1. People that have never tried on-line
2. People that have tried on-line, had a horrible experience, and wrote it off.

For #1, I say try it, and give it a good chance and you'll see that playing the CPU will never be as fulfilling as playing a real person.

For #2, I'd say that on-line franchises would especially be great for you, because you are playing with a group of guys that you know and eventually will filter down to 32 solid owners who don't play cheese ball or aren't douche bags, etc..etc...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Here's the thing.

After playing on-line against a real live opponent with a pulse and a human brain, I can't play against the CPU ever again. I take zero pleasure from beating the CPU, it is no fun at all for me in any way shape or form.

I can only assume that people who hate on-line play fall mainly in these two categories:

1. People that have never tried on-line
2. People that have tried on-line, had a horrible experience, and wrote it off.

For #1, I say try it, and give it a good chance and you'll see that playing the CPU will never be as fulfilling as playing a real person.

For #2, I'd say that on-line franchises would especially be great for you, because you are playing with a group of guys that you know and eventually will filter down to 32 solid owners who don't play cheese ball or aren't douche bags, etc..etc...
I'm number 2 here.

Combination of racism and people that don't know how to run more than one play that turned me off it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »