Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

I also have no interest in On-Line play.

Nothing against those that do...but just not my thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 18

Not really. Right now i dont know enough friends who would buy Madden to play it online. Im not into playing online against glitchers and full-time gamers. So offline is WAY more important to me. Still, id get into an online franchise IF i found a good league to join.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewto16
Seriously, I just don't care at all about this feature. The offline franchise and core game needs so much work, I don't want EA to shoehorn this into this edition.

Offline franchise doesn't even work yet. Let them fix that and get it back to the last-gen level of excellence before they try to port everything over to online.
i dont see any reason to play the game if there isnt online franchise....

offline vs the CPU? snore. blowout fest and back to back to back 16-0 seasons

online with default teams? snore. if i wanted to do that id play 06/07/08/09 with updated rosters

this is 2009. we are like 4 or 5 years deep into next gen consoles. that means you play real humans in a deeply immersive experience. you draft your team from scratch, you make trades, you players progress...etc...

have you even played an online franchise with 32 user controlled teams? we've done them 3 straight years on the PS2... and once you play that mode, there really is no going back to offline vs the CPU or online with default teams.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 13

Im not too fussed about online franchise tbh... don't even play online play now anymore either. Between the lagging, freezing and cheesing i just lost interest.

I see the value and potential in a well implemented online franchise but i don't care for it to be in M10.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I agree, I for the most part despise anything involving online play.

An online franchise has potential, but they need to make REGULAR franchise not suck so hard first.
you see here is the thing... its ALOT easier to make online franchise then offline franchise....

- online franchise you have all user controlled teams... so no need to program CPU logic for initiating trades and signing free agents. other owners do this themselves based on their own preferences

for online franchise you really dont need to do anything, other then allow a draft, trades, and free agency. the users take care of the rest. no need to program any logic or CPU related stuff...

the humans offer trades and build teams according to personell. they will stock pile picks and develop young guys if they start 0-7. they will make cap room isntead of releasing a high priced star.

not sure if this makes sense... this was the best i could explain it
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
I'm number 2 here.

Combination of racism and people that don't know how to run more than one play that turned me off it.
Yeah that's a shame really... I never use a MIC on-line, I'm pretty sure I don't want to hear what most of the people out there have to say about me scoring a TD on them.. or whatever.

The only running a few plays scenario is more of a challenge than anything... I mean if someone ran only 2 plays on me and I couldn't stop them that would make me determined to figure out why I couldn't stop them and then play them again later to try out different strategies.

I guess that's were on-line really shines, you run into people that run strategies you never thought of and that you would NEVER see the AI implement... its very rewarding to see someone try something you've never seen, and maybe in the 2nd or 3d qtr you figure out a way to stop it, and then you see if their bag of tricks goes a bit deeper or if that's all they got...

I don't know, I just have to have that human element on the other side because it gets boring beating the AI over and over and over and over...etc...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 38

ITS a must, cpu gets boring after a while. playing against a living breathing thinking human being for 50 years doesnt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #32
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Here's the thing.

After playing on-line against a real live opponent with a pulse and a human brain, I can't play against the CPU ever again. I take zero pleasure from beating the CPU, it is no fun at all for me in any way shape or form.

I can only assume that people who hate on-line play fall mainly in these two categories:

1. People that have never tried on-line
2. People that have tried on-line, had a horrible experience, and wrote it off.

For #1, I say try it, and give it a good chance and you'll see that playing the CPU will never be as fulfilling as playing a real person.

For #2, I'd say that on-line franchises would especially be great for you, because you are playing with a group of guys that you know and eventually will filter down to 32 solid owners who don't play cheese ball or aren't douche bags, etc..etc...
My experiance is that in it's current form online is the only playable option for madden 08 and 09 for next gen. Franchise mode and offline in general is so wrong that it is unplayable. M10 looks liek it will have fixed that from what I have seen.

I think that I would end up playing offline franchise as much or more often is it were as good as prior Madden games becasue that is all I used to play. Unless one of my Madden friends is online and want to play sim, I just don't like to play online becasue of all the bad players and cheese/glitch players.

I just like football and try my best ot play it in any form I can get it, more so in the off season. My real problem with the older Madden games was that the same basic graphics engin was used from Madden 2001 on PS2 through Madden 08 on PS2. There were some minor improvements but even EA said publicly that in madden 04 they would not chnage engines untill Next Gen. There were colition detection problems and no pocket was forming, and 04 introduced the rocket catch. Regardless of all of this, each year the game got better and better and became more and more balanced. 04 brought us playmaker for O and 05 gave us playmaker for D. 05 gave us formation shift and formation audibles and hit stick for D, 06 tuned the formation changes and gave us truck stick. 07 tuned the truck stick to highlight stick.

other features in franchise mode got better each year too. on next gen, in many ways, we were sent back to Madden 02/03 and 09 has only caught up in some ways [on field control]. We are still trying to return to the prior level of game play.

What upset me is all the work EA did in the last few years to make Family Play and madden IQ and other junk instead of trying to port all the good old features that made this game a success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »