Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM   #33
Rookie

csuf559's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

i like playing online for fps's and stuff like that but for sports games i have more fun playing offline then online to many cheesers

NCAA: Fresno State Bulldogs
Fan of soccer but no real favorite team
Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

I don't understand how you could be a die hard franchise guy, and not give a crap about online franchise. You put all this effort into building your team, and philosophy, you would think that you'd like to test it out against someone or something other than the CPU.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Yeah that's a shame really... I never use a MIC on-line, I'm pretty sure I don't want to hear what most of the people out there have to say about me scoring a TD on them.. or whatever.

The only running a few plays scenario is more of a challenge than anything... I mean if someone ran only 2 plays on me and I couldn't stop them that would make me determined to figure out why I couldn't stop them and then play them again later to try out different strategies.

I guess that's were on-line really shines, you run into people that run strategies you never thought of and that you would NEVER see the AI implement... its very rewarding to see someone try something you've never seen, and maybe in the 2nd or 3d qtr you figure out a way to stop it, and then you see if their bag of tricks goes a bit deeper or if that's all they got...

I don't know, I just have to have that human element on the other side because it gets boring beating the AI over and over and over and over...etc...
I know what you mean, but it would be less boring when they fix the Qb drop back animations. Nothings worse than overwhelming the O-line, basically guaranteed a sack, and the qb throws the ball for a completion while he's still facing the wrong way. It's stuff like this that would make playing the AI more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What upset me is all the work EA did in the last few years to make Family Play and madden IQ and other junk instead of trying to port all the good old features that made this game a success.
Yes, this is exactly the issue with the Madden team that worked on the NG titles to this point. Their priorities were completely screwed up... Instead of giving us camera angles they make the camera shake... stupid things like that... but we're beating a dead horse at this point
Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuf559
i like playing online for fps's and stuff like that but for sports games i have more fun playing offline then online to many cheesers
There wouldnt be cheesers in online franchise, youd get to pick who'd be in it
Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuf559
That's the thing right.... playing the right people. On-line leagues or franchises or whatever, is where you'll get your best games. Because usually the group of guys you play agianst there have been filtered out... so if a guy likes to cheese.. whatever your definition of cheese might be, then that guy will get booted from the league... so you'll have a much better playing experience in that sense.

Like I said in another post, in madden 05 PS2 I played 300-500 on-line ranked games... when 06 PS2 came out with on-line franchise I dropped to about 30 or so on-line ranked games, the rest were just scrimmages with my league members and the actual scheduled league games. I still logged about 300-500 games its just that i preferred to play those against the people in my league with the team I drafted myself.

I'm confident that the on-line world has a place for everyone, it's just sometimes you gotta spend a little more time finding yours but I can totally understand how someone can hop on-line, get a game with the biggest douche bag on the planet (there's a lot of them out there) and never want to play on-line again. You just have to have faith that there are enough of us out there that play a good game of Madden to make it all worth it.... but the key word is always going to be 'LEAGUES'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briax87
I know what you mean, but it would be less boring when they fix the Qb drop back animations. Nothings worse than overwhelming the O-line, basically guaranteed a sack, and the qb throws the ball for a completion while he's still facing the wrong way. It's stuff like this that would make playing the AI more fun.
Even if the game plays great, from past experience, you always end up figuring the CPU out... and then it just gets boring... cause the CPU can never compete with a human brain that constantly adapts.... perhaps one day Artificial Inteligence will show up.... and we'll have maybe 1 year or so of some solid CPU Madden gameing before IT gets bored with us and then tries to take over the world
Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #39
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Same here, never cared for online sports gaming.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 17

I couldn't care less about online anything for madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »