Home

Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #57
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Do you have to have 32 players in an online league? Are they changing it this year so that you can use the full league but only have a few guys in it and do the draft and everything else?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 26

Man Online Franchise is not 32 people!!!! I know that guy stated that earlier, but this is not the reality. The max in NCAA is 12 people and I"m sure they would have the same level in Madden. I'm talking Online Franchise with 4-8 people and the computer controlling the rest. Stop with this 32 team stuff, it ain't going to happen.

Now imagine you and 5 other Sim gamers locked into a constant battle for rookies, free agents, trades etc, along with the ever present computer, for the Super bowl every year. You got one guy who is technically "the best" (basically functions as the Patriots) player but every year falls to a CPU contender in the playoffs, gets ousted by you or someone else, or has a crucial injury to his team leaving the Super Bowl wide open.

Prime example in NCAA, I play with 4 other players all of us in the Pac-10 (Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona State) we left USC to be the computer powerhouse. After 5 season no one has emerged undefeated or went to the National Championship game, because we either lose to each other, slip up against the computer with USC, get beat on the road in Death Valley etc. We fight each other all year every year for recruits and my 5 star Scrambler QB, who was the Number 1 rated rookie coming out of high school, has been injured for the entire season before Week 6 the last 2 years. Now tell me after 5 seasons you wouldn't have one at least 2-3 National championships on your own against the computer? Of course you would have but when playing other people who adapt to your game it's a battle every year.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 04-01-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #59
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Now tell me after 5 seasons you wouldn't have one at least 2-3 National championships on your own against the computer? Of course you would have but when playing other people who adapt to your game it's a battle every year.
I think it took me 5 years to win my conference in NCAA last year and never won a title in about 7 years iirc. If you play on an appropriate difficulty setting, the game doesn't have to be easy. I was Colorado last year.

But I do think the way you did your OD was the best. Put everyone in the same conference and don't have too many guys. That would be the most fun since you get a lot of human vs. human games.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

The first time I ever played Madden, it was through online franchise. Wow...I would seriously be so happy if this came back. The PC version of madden 2001 was some of the most happiest days of my life. I was part of 8 different Online franchises (including a commish of one) and spent the majority of my nights shoring up my defense (I was the Chiefs mostly) and basically just hanging out within the game's server.

Eventually guys would log in and we would do trade talks, if any, and maybe scrimmage.

And my gawd...the live DRAFT! What an experience. Bring it back. oh joy.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

Madden for me is, ideally, me sitting down with the game when I get home from work (which is after midnight), slapping together a sandwich, and taking my time with my Bills franchise. Unfortunately, the latter part has been a light experience. While I rarely ever play Madden online, I can't deny the intrigue of setting up an online franchise with a few friends and giving it a whirl, but as others have mentioned, I like doing it at my own pace with my own sliders. It's a feature with potential and appeal, I admit, but it's not really a priority for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Man Online Franchise is not 32 people!!!! I know that guy stated that earlier, but this is not the reality. The max in NCAA is 12 people and I"m sure they would have the same level in Madden. I'm talking Online Franchise with 4-8 people and the computer controlling the rest. Stop with this 32 team stuff, it ain't going to happen.

Now imagine you and 5 other Sim gamers locked into a constant battle for rookies, free agents, trades etc, along with the ever present computer, for the Super bowl every year. You got one guy who is technically "the best" (basically functions as the Patriots) player but every year falls to a CPU contender in the playoffs, gets ousted by you or someone else, or has a crucial injury to his team leaving the Super Bowl wide open.

Prime example in NCAA, I play with 4 other players all of us in the Pac-10 (Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, and Arizona State) we left USC to be the computer powerhouse. After 5 season no one has emerged undefeated or went to the National Championship game, because we either lose to each other, slip up against the computer with USC, get beat on the road in Death Valley etc. We fight each other all year every year for recruits and my 5 star Scrambler QB, who was the Number 1 rated rookie coming out of high school, has been injured for the entire season before Week 6 the last 2 years. Now tell me after 5 seasons you wouldn't have one at least 2-3 National championships on your own against the computer? Of course you would have but when playing other people who adapt to your game it's a battle every year.

Like I said I never played Online franchise but, this sounds exciting. Sh*t, I will give it a try this year.........

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #63
Ready to chase #12

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

Ok, but its still not for me.

I miss the old OS

There are two things you can't get back in this world; time and money. Spend both wisely

Louisville|Cardinals
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Uhmm.... we've been doing it for the past 4 years....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »