Home

Old 03-31-2009, 10:29 PM   #97
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 website is live

So Ian does this mean there will be no grass stains on the lighter colors or no paint from a tackle on the teams logo/endzone? Will chunks of grass be in a guys helmet sometimes?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 PM   #98
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
RE: The Ed Reed shot...this is what happens when we have to rush to deliver something for marketing.

That's from a pretty busted build of the game. Player models were basically broken...not matching any of the blend shapes we gave them, and animations were all jacked too (though you can't see it that well). As we said in the other post, we do have an all new system for re-sizing the player's names, but each uniform has to be tuned independently and the Ravens actually hadn't been tuned yet so that's why you see that ugly stretching.

I 100% confident that our detail guys - Donny Moore, Mike Young, and Josh Looman - would never let an imperfection like that ship...but when you're scrambling for a marketing request often times you have to put out non-perfect shots with builds that are in really rough shape.
Understood, I've always wondering, what kind of work on the game can you do when your not in the "office"?

I know you visit forums (as you've stated) but do you just do "bug" work or can you implement things and test it?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 52

The reference to 'minus the grass stains' in the first paragraph is meant to refer to you as a gamer at home not getting grass stains even though the game is so authentic.

I brought this up and said it was sort of confusing and they said I was reading too much into it. Well who is right now PR?!?!?! Ha ha ha.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:30 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
The reference to 'minus the grass stains' in the first paragraph is meant to refer to you as a gamer at home not getting grass stains even though the game is so authentic.

I brought this up and said it was sort of confusing and they said I was reading too much into it. Well who is right now PR?!?!?! Ha ha ha.
what you thought was the first thing I thought..it was confusing
Old 03-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Understood, I've always wondering, what kind of work on the game can you do when your not in the "office"?

I know you visit forums (as you've stated) but do you just do "bug" work or can you implement things and test it?
I am one of the lucky few that have full remote desktop access so I can do almost everything from home. I even have the ability to launch builds, send controller inputs over the network, and view my 360 through my slingbox to do basic verification of changes that I may have made. I typically catch up on email and do clean builds each night from home, and try to use the time at work to get hands on time. I can easily get buried with email and random meeting requests each day so that's the only way for me to stay efficient.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I am one of the lucky few that have full remote desktop access so I can do almost everything from home. I even have the ability to launch builds, send controller inputs over the network, and view my 360 through my slingbox to do basic verification of changes that I may have made. I typically catch up on email and do clean builds each night from home, and try to use the time at work to get hands on time. I can easily get buried with email and random meeting requests each day so that's the only way for me to stay efficient.
You must be on a coffee IV. Don't you ever sleep?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ian, I know what that working 24/7 is like. I figured by now you'd be less interacting and more working, but your stepping up the blogs and info even more. Much kudos to you man.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:10 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 29

My wife would kill me...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »