Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

I'd like the fighting for the fumble mechanic to feel like Fight Night.

Instead of it being a race to push buttons, give me something with dual analogs and both triggers...a quick skillful jostle with vibration feedback. L Stick and R Stick represent Left & Right arms...and I guess the triggers could be for grasping the ball if used at all.

Just throwing ideas out there...

-SeventhWard
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #106
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

i say base it off of percentages of fumble recoveries in the NFL. Based off historical data, which team is more likely to come up with the loose ball? offense or defense?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 26

Lol man fight for the fumble doesn't sound cool to me at all. I have absolutely no problem with the random fumble recovery as it is now.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #108
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I think there should be two options:

1) Dive on the ball
2) Try to pick the ball up and run with it

These could be mapped to different human inputs. Not sure what though. A greater chance for recovery by diving on the ball ; greater reward for scooping it off the ground. Of course, ratings should play a big part in this. A OL should not be able to pick the ball up and run with it very successfully. I am thinking a 'hands' and/or a 'hustle' rating could be used here.

IT would also be kinda cool to use the right stick to jostle for position as the ball is flailing around, sort of like the lead blocker controls where you can fight for postion while chasing down the ball.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #109
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
It would be really cool if when someone goes for it during 4th and 1/inches to have the camera zoom in close on the play. It would add on to the tension.
That would be hot.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #110
Rookie

ReservoirDog76's Arena

OVR: 3

How about the pile up just happens and we wait while the refs pull the players off and signal who has possession?

That would keep the suspense up while the pile is going on...and I think the STR attribute should play a role in who is able to wrestle the ball away under the pile.

If Darren Sproles dives on the ball and then Jared Allen jumps on top of him and then a pile up happens, I want to feel some vibrations on my controller so I know theres some fighting going on down there while the refs are pulling the players off.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReservoirDog76
How about the pile up just happens and we wait while the refs pull the players off and signal who has possession?

That would keep the suspense up while the pile is going on...and I think the STR attribute should play a role in who is able to wrestle the ball away under the pile.
This is pretty much what I was thinking... there will be suspense anyway...maybe you can rotate the camera around the pileup to make things interesting.

STR should definetely be a factor, also I'd say body type or body weight should definitely be a factor... Also, does the NG game have the Toughness attribute or is that gone?

As far as button mashing goes, that should definetely not be an option, unless EA has a way to block turbo on controllers.

The other kinda crazy thing I was thinking of is maybe during the pile up you can flash 3 defensive formations one after another and the players have to select the correct one... like .. Cover 2 or Cover 3, etc..etc... anyway who ever guesses the most correct in the fastest time wins... Kinda like the NCAA Rattle the QB thing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
How about the pile up just happens and we wait while the refs pull the players off and signal who has possession? That would keep the suspense up while the pile is going on
I'd be cool with this, too. I'd take suspense over anything else. Just imagine it's the 4th quarter and the game is on the line. Your guy fumbles on that crucial drive. The pileup happens. It cuts to a big scene. The refs are trying to dig in. A few seconds pass... a few more... guys emerge... suddenly the guy with the ball pops out... it's the other team. You lost the ball, lol.

... Just imagine how people will go ballistic over that. Yeah, I vote for the suspense angle.

Quote:
...and I think the STR attribute should play a role in who is able to wrestle the ball away under the pile.
I honestly think keeping it totally random is the best way, because there are situations where small runningbacks come up with the ball and they certainly aren't the strongest in the pile. I've seen Warrick Dunn come up with a few.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »