Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReservoirDog76
How about the pile up just happens and we wait while the refs pull the players off and signal who has possession?

That would keep the suspense up while the pile is going on...and I think the STR attribute should play a role in who is able to wrestle the ball away under the pile.

If Darren Sproles dives on the ball and then Jared Allen jumps on top of him and then a pile up happens, I want to feel some vibrations on my controller so I know theres some fighting going on down there while the refs are pulling the players off.
Wait.. Are we talking about "Head Coach" or "Madden 10"?

That's not a bad idea, but how many times have you fumbled and wanted to run after that ball yourself? All the time..wouldn't you want to?

If the pile is like this and you ARE the ball-carrier:

I personally wouldn't mind having to toggle the analog or tap x (not like a Fight Night get up from a Knockout way though) (The image does not display a fumble pile, but still a pile)
Old 04-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #114
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I wonder how many people say turbo controlers don't mater OWN a turbo controller?

It's not like i'm poor and can't afford a turbo controler or something, I think they are stupid and un-fun and that in a game that TRIES to be SIMULATION that adding in mini games and button mashing would be going AWAY from thier goal not closer twords it.

I remember something else about MLB 2k5 was that before each game you could choose to play a true simulation mode OR a more arcade style. I think this would be a great addition to madden in the future. Having button mashing or QTE and other nutty options for the arcade mode while a true sim for the other option would be good.

AGAIN, I agree that STR and TGH should play abig part in the result and I like the idea of a heavy controller rumble if your player is in the pile. Just like THA and CTH and other rattings determine in a an instant what happens, the same should be true for fumble recoveries. I also think that play recognition should alter how well players react and dive for the ball, maybe even their chance to recover.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #115
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
How would you like to 'fight' for the fumble if the situation is applicable?

The Fight Night Round 4 demo automatically loads. Winner gets possession of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 27

There is no turbo controller crisis to worry about, lol. I sincerely doubt most people have these, and I sincerely doubt that anyone is running into folks who do have them very much, if at all.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
If the pile is like this and you ARE the ball-carrier:
This is what goaline and short yardage should look like after the ball carrier has made his last action. It should cut to a scene just like this.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #118
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

I wish I could find the video of a RB [Emmit Smith?] who dove over a pile on 3rd and short and becasue his feet never touched the ground he ended up rolling over the pile and taking off. I think that there was another with Warrick Dunn who was fliped in the air while diving over the pile and landed on his two feet and took off as well. There are some nutty interactions in real life with pileups that also make life tough for Ian and co. As said before by Ian, they have tried Pileups in the past but msot often they would just end up letting the user take off sideways and run around the pile for a big gain/TD all the time. So as a result they would can the pileups as they were just busted.

Here is hoping they found a way to fix it finally.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #119
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
There is no turbo controller crisis to worry about, lol. I sincerely doubt most people have these, and I sincerely doubt that anyone is running into folks who do have them very much, if at all.
I do not understand this attitude. "Ah, not too many people use these so they are not a problem." Seriously? So becasue only some people do it, it's okay becasue most don't? There is a flaw in button mashing that can be exploited. Isn't one of the big deals about madden trying to REMOVE exploits?

Afterall, I have only played some people who use the Rocket Catch. Why should EA adress the Rocket Catch since only cheese players use it? it's not like a cheese palyer will go out and buy a turbo controler. Cheese palyers have honor and wouldn't look for glitches or exploits or speend money on the internet to find nano blitzes and buy special controlers to have an unfair advantage, right?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
The Fight Night Round 4 demo automatically loads. Winner gets possession of the ball.
-Winner-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »