Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

I think it should be based on two things:

1.) Who comes in contact with the ball first.
2.) Awareness, toughness ratings.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #34

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
I know a poster said he doesn't like it but the only thing comes to my mind if it's gonna be user control is to buttom mash to gain full possession of the ball. It's a battle down there for it. So you should have to battle on the sticks. Perhaps the stronger player and players with higher carry rating would have an advantage.
I am not a big fan of button mashing.

However, I will say this, as it has been mentioned, that seems like really the only way to go.

That said, I would just hope button mashing isn't the only factor. I play against the CPU so I am not worried about my human opponent mashing quicker than me, but I would like to see basic physics come into play as well.

Kinda like you mentioned, obviously I think the first player on top of the ball (assuming he gets initial control) should be an advantage, and likewise if a LB meets a small RB simultaneously.

I just hope the button mashing isn't the ONLY factor.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
Ian whatever you do please do not zoom the camera into the pile like we have xray vision. This is not 'what we see on sundays'. Just leave the camera at a normal broadcast view and show the refs sprinting in and pulling players off the pile until the last player is revealed with the ball.... also this reminds me, please remove the 'instant injury report" where the camera shows a xray vision of the players broken bones. This is very 'arcade-like'. We shouldnt know what the injury is and how long the player is 'expected' to be out until a few plays later. Keep up the good work!!!
Which reminds me...
Can we see people getting carted off the field for more serious injuries?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is one of the features i put into the wishlist, and im stoked about this. I've thought about it long before i put it in the wishlist thread, and honestly, the only cool interactive way i could think of doing it would be button mashing. I just hope its not on EVERY fumble, and only happens close to the line of scrimmage or around a big group of people, or heck, have the pileup happen, but dont have a mini-game for it. Make it random. Im just glad something new is in the game that i actually wanted, thank you EA! (cant believe i just said that)
Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #37
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Still working on the mechanics for this.

What would you guys like to see? How would you like to 'fight' for the fumble if the situation is applicable?
Based on what litle information we have at this time, here is my idea situation and presentation for a "scrum" for the football:

The ball is out and all the O-line, QB, FB go straight for an automatic "dive" for the ball as these postitions are told to just dive on it and hold on for dear life. Backs, linebackers and defensive backs are often TOLD to do the same but many try to do a scoop and scoot in part becasue some of them really can't survive a scrum and many are fast enough they feel they can score with the ball in either direction.

When it does turn into a dog pile I think that the first playe to recover the ball should have to make like 3 or 5 quick rattings checks againt strength and carry skills. Often times a linebacker does adn should win at the botom of these piles when faced against QBs and HBs and so forth. I do NOT like button mashing at all. If for no other reason, it gives the advantage to the player with a turbo controler. Also, as said before I do not like the arcade feeling of button mashing.

Somethingg else thathas to be concidered is when it is obvoius who recovered the football and the ability to challenge that. There are times when the B gets the ball back and then is jumped on and he clearly had control and was "touched down" and the scrum would no longer effect the outcome of who retains posetion. The scrum should come into effect when there isn't a clear cut case of who has the ball.

I think that like real life we should just have to wait and see what the officials determine. There are too many players doing to many things to get the ball that it isn't fair for the user to control all of the action. there are times in football whre things come down to a little luck.

Again, I think a few hidden skill checks should factor into the result.

Well that's my take.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 PM   #38
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Well you wont always see a situation where you have to "fight" for the ball. A lot of times the ball will squirt out and its a clean scoop. But for the occasions where there will be a pile, you wonder what goes on inside of a pile, but you never really know. So having a button mashing contest is how it will be decided? I don't know. Sounds kind arcadey to me. And I don't like the sound of it.

I just, when I see a loose ball and I jump on it, and then someone else does, I don't want to be ripped off of the ball because of a button mashing contest. I hope they try a lot of different things. I really have no sensible ideas on this.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
If you want to take that approach, there's nothing "sim" about playing football with a controller in your living room either. Button Mashing would represent a struggle, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Button mashing rewards only the player who has a turbo controller and not skill. Stick skills and timming are part of playing madden. Button mashing is not. There is a destinct difference here.

I have ot ask you an honest question, and that is if you have ever had to play against someone who uses a turbo controller online in any situation that was button mashing contest?

My former room mate and I had MLB 2k5 and there was a feature where you could tapp the A button to see if you hit a home run or not that both palyers fought over on a awild pitch you may, or may not have hit out of the park. it was excitting, but my friend is a god at mashing buttons. he went online and after he won two of these matches, his opponant stated using a turbo controler and won each contest with ease. Latter the guy sent a message saying he only used a turbo becasue we were using one... my friend is that good, and he was keeping up with the turbo, it's insane to see really.

I don't want madden to have moments like this and am glad they do not so far.

I am open to the RE4 style of random button asignments you have ot time well and who ever does a better job before the officials pull the scrum apart wins. I just don't like it. I want the game to decide.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #40
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

QTE(quick time events) might be a good idea. But like I said. I think this needs some REAL experimentation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »