Home

Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

This is a discussion on Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Madden NFL 22 Scouting Update Pushed to Mid-October - More Details Revealed
NBA 2K22 Review: The Best 2K Game in Years
FIFA 22 First Impressions
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

I think a button should be hit to grab the ball, and tapping should be used to jostle within the pile AND to hold onto the ball.

The combination of your strength and your tapping could decide who ends up with the ball at the end of the pile.

It'd take precision in the beginning landing on the ball, and speed from button mashing to keep it. It'd feel gritty... like a pileup!

As far as the button mashing haters, remember outside of arguing how realistic it is... it's fun to do! I grew up on with a heavy dose of tecmo, and I was king tapper so it may come off as bias

Last edited by CreatineKasey; 03-31-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 35

Backbreaker showed pile ups!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 9

PLEASE no quick time events. What happened to everyone saying to keep the UI minimal and let football be the focus. Having a series of buttons pop up takes you out of the experience COMPLETELY. PLEASE I beg for this not to be the solution.

I'd rather tap a button. Anything as long as it's not a button display.

How about using rumble for this feature? Using rumble or audio clues could be a good solution. Here's how I see it

You would press X to dive and become engaged in a pileup. While you are in the pile there is a bunch of "random" lower level vibrations as your hands are fishing for the ball (among other things which shall not be mentioned). Maybe you would alternate the left and right triggers or move the sticks in some way...something that doesn't require a UI. Then when/IF your hands reach the ball, the vibrations begin to pulse (on/off on/off) at a higher intensity. That's your signal that you need to press or hold a button to hold on to the ball. Whether or not you hold onto the ball is based on the situation as well as ratings most importantly, but ALSO your ability to press the button immediately when you get the cue.

It's got to be along those lines. Rather than randomly tapping throughout the entire scrum, there needs to be some indication of when you grab the ball which is when you would simply need to hold the "hold ball" button and pray you hold on to it. This way it keeps the player involved but without leaving it to button mashing or nasty visual overlays. You might not be able to reach the ball at all based on your location and where the ball bounces, so this wouldn't happen everytime...but you know if you feel the pulsing vibrations that you need to press and hold the button.

Last edited by NYyankz225; 03-31-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 33

Tapping + ratings + situation = win
Old 03-31-2009, 11:12 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 29

On second thought, just randomize it.

These guys arguing against button combos or mashing are right.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #70
All Star

OVR: 33

On the bottom of the pile. It is definitely NOT random who gets the ball. Its the guy who fights(scratches) the hardest.

Button Mashing is the only practical way to reflect this imo.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:19 PM   #71
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

and make sure you have allt he players not involved in the pile standing around it jumping up and down with their arms pointing int heir direction. and when possession is determined have the players going crazy with exctement.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 11:29 PM   #72
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I will say it again, I do NOT like the idea of havinga mini game to get the ball in M10. We are trying to get back to pure football and a mini game is the exact opposite direction. I also don't think it would be accurate to have a jostling match for the ball for the users to fight over becasue there are many players fighting at the bottom of one of the those scrums and you are now controlling multiple players at once, a team effort for the ball if you will.

ALso, i agre that the other VERY IMPORTANT factor to these pileups is the aftermath and presentation of them. players standing and pointing waiting for the signal and then going nuts when the D gets it and the O just happy it didn't end poorly. Very few offensive players are happy they recovered the fumble becasue they are not happy there even was one. The D, however, is estatic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »