Home

"An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

This is a discussion on "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would prefer NFL Network presentation. I've seen ESPN and, quite honestly, I want something new. Besides, Hammond and Collingsworth... whatever you think of their voice work... are credible football people. They wouldn't fit in in an ESPN atmosphere.

I say EA should just let the ESPN license go. NFL 2k5 was the only time the license amounted to anything and it certainly wasn't that that sold the game. Nobody's gonna come out with an ESPN licensed football game without NFL teams and knock Madden off the mountain top.

I'll take EASN over ESPN to be honest. Quality presentation means far more than what network is used. NFL 2k5 had great presentation, regardless of what companies graphics they used.
Co-sign

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 AM   #10
Rookie

ngoulding's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "An immersive broadcast presentation that captures the suspense and emotion...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I would prefer NFL Network presentation. I've seen ESPN and, quite honestly, I want something new. Besides, Hammond and Collingsworth... whatever you think of their voice work... are credible football people. They wouldn't fit in in an ESPN atmosphere.

I say EA should just let the ESPN license go. NFL 2k5 was the only time the license amounted to anything and it certainly wasn't that that sold the game. Nobody's gonna come out with an ESPN licensed football game without NFL teams and knock Madden off the mountain top.

I'll take EASN over ESPN to be honest. Quality presentation means far more than what network is used. NFL 2k5 had great presentation, regardless of what companies graphics they used.
Mike Mayock > Todd McShay.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Madden 09 said they had "Beyond Broadcast Presentation" LOL...that was a joke. So i take this as a grain of salt so far. I hope Ian and his team have learned, that the community is much smarter than that about hype. Ian said that "He study the hell out of 2k5" so with that he knows that with the presentation, it has to deliver. Until i see video of the presentation and how it works, i'll always be skeptical. Madden has never really delivered on the presentation side of things, so they really need to concentrate on this aspect of the game. Whats the use of having a game u just bought, and a month later u trading it in because u so bored with it. 2k5 delivered great presentation and thats why people still playing it after 5 years. I think Ian understands, that most of the community want more than bells and whistles, but pure football 101.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 18

Until they get broadcast-style camera options into Madden, the game will never be truly immersive in my opinion. Every other successful sports game out there not only plays well - but looks faithful to the sport it's representing. NBA 2K9, NFL 2K5, Fifa 09 and MLB 09 The Show all use broadcast style camera options to showcase a lifelike game. This is the heart of the entire presentation.

I think we're all justified in being cautious about EA's latest claim of "immersive broadcast presention", especially after last year boasted the same thing: "Beyond Broadcast". We saw how that turned out. It looked nothing like TV (except for Backtrack - which was amazing). I really hope Ian and his team can pull it off this year. But im not buying into the marketing machine again. I've waited 5 long years for Madden to take presentation to a new level of broadcast authenticity - or at the very least match what was available on last generation technology. TV camera angles are imperative to an "immersive" NFL experience. Period. Please EA...PLEASE.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 04-01-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Madden 09 said they had "Beyond Broadcast Presentation" LOL...that was a joke. So i take this as a grain of salt so far. I hope Ian and his team have learned, that the community is much smarter than that about hype. Ian said that "He study the hell out of 2k5" so with that he knows that with the presentation, it has to deliver. Until i see video of the presentation and how it works, i'll always be skeptical. Madden has never really delivered on the presentation side of things, so they really need to concentrate on this aspect of the game. Whats the use of having a game u just bought, and a month later u trading it in because u so bored with it. 2k5 delivered great presentation and thats why people still playing it after 5 years. I think Ian understands, that most of the community want more than bells and whistles, but pure football 101.
Ya its definitely something you will have to see to believe. This is a corporate website, they can advertise anything they want, whether its truthful or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »