Home

Automatic from 52 yards out

This is a discussion on Automatic from 52 yards out within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Automatic from 52 yards out

The system is plain,dull,lacks any stick skills they so often taunt and needs to be reverted to old gen when wind was a big factor (playing the minigame was so fun)
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 AM   #18
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

im in the process of uploading a youtube video of me lowering my kickers accuracy to zero..and the global kick accuracy slider to zero, going into practice on all madden, and nailing 20 consecutive 57 yarders. kicking system is 100% fail, period.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39

control over trajectory would be a welcomed addition. I like your idea adembroski. this would also let us see BLOCKED FIELD GOALS for once...I have blocked 3 or 4 total in NCAA & Madden combined over the last 7 years. It would add so much more to the intensity not knowing if your punt/field goal attempt will be blocked.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #20
Rookie

thunt52's Arena

OVR: 1

I posted this earlier today in another post:

I am so glad this is being discussed...This is somewhat of a game killer for me...You never see any misses, blocks, bad snaps, or any of the stuff you see in real life...granted kickers make their kicks more often than not in the NFL (NCAA definitely needs this system I will expain), but I can't remember the last time I saw a block, bad snap, or any of those things...

I think the way to fix both field goals and punts (without getting too complicated) is to incorporate snapping the football...The snap should directly impact the success of your kick...Pro snapper are really damn good and you don't see too many bad snaps, but they happen...the snap also affects the timing of the kick...a less than average snap has a greater chance of being blocked or missed...A snap could be judged by something as simple as a 3-click bar or somehow incorporate the analog sticks...

I also agree with a poster before me talking about taking the power out all together...All NFL kickers can kick for power, but it really boils down to accuracy...this can easily be done by keeping the system the way it is (pulling back on the right analog stick then up), but holding the right analog stick up until the kicker kicks the ball...if you release the analog stick at the exact moment your kicker kicks the ball...it goes where you aim...if you release a little early...you miss it to either side (depending on how far early/late you were)...Again to incorporate the snap, the better the snap, the more give you have during your release...

Sorry for the long post...what do you guys think?

By the way, does Ian ever look at stuff like this?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
im in the process of uploading a youtube video of me lowering my kickers accuracy to zero..and the global kick accuracy slider to zero, going into practice on all madden, and nailing 20 consecutive 57 yarders. kicking system is 100% fail, period.
The only rating that counts is KPW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #22
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
The only rating that counts is KPW.
exactly, that's why i'm trying to get it changed, even some sort of small fix for this year if they aren't going to redo the mechanic.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-01-2009, 02:00 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

maybe with the way ratings are being spaced out this year a kicker with a 95 KPW will really be able to hit long ones (S. Janikowski). But others with 82 KPW (who would make the same type of field goals in M09) will be at an obvious disadvantage from further out.

BTW, this was my idea from earlier today..****dimentary i know.
I HAVE A FIX>I believe

I don't like the 3 choices presented personally. I think they all need scrapped and something brand new added.

They should incorporate the triggers in some way, one dealing with power and the other with accuracy. You could have 2 meters presented on the screen, both would be bouncing. At the top of the meters would be what would equal MAX power/acc. The amount of bouncing or movement of the bars would depend on teh kicker's ratings. While pulling on the triggers (at the same time) you would try to raise the bars up as high in the meters as you can. Once you are as good as you can get it, you either press A/swing analog stick (can't decide which is better). The arrow could now be used as trajectory..

Here is a qucik paintbrush protrait helping explain the look:

Basically you would be pulling down the triggers simaltaneously, which would raise the "resisting" meters. From there you would press "A" to lock the meter levels, and then would use the analog stick to complete the kicking motion.

It obviously could be tweaked, but is my best attempt at a plan to change kicking

Last edited by sportzbro; 04-01-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 AM   #24
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
maybe with the way ratings are being spaced out this year a kicker with a 95 KPW will really be able to hit long ones (S. Janikowski). But others with 82 KPW (who would make the same type of field goals in M09) will be at an obvious disadvantage from further out.
even if that was the case it wouldn't solve the real problem which is it is nearly impossible to miss a kick wide. it never happens even from the farthest distances.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »