Home

Old 04-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: A Plea For Unpredictability

Bump....

Sorry to bump this but...not sure if the EA guys saw it yet...
Old 04-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 55

Guillotine I agree with you 100%. Football games with unpredictability are the ones that stick with me. The chance is what keeps me coming back. It feels like a real sport then. APF and Tecmo are my favorite football games of all time. Both involve heavy amounts of chance. You put your guys in the best position to win and see what happens. More dramatic
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

How would you implement that unpredictability in a game? Do you mean just for the CPU, like a top quarterback throwing int after int, or a great rb fumbling alot in a single game like they were having a bad day, or are you talking about things like blocked field goalds and punts not happening often enough especially in tight game situations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Football: A game of inches, & a test of wills.

How many times have you seen the greatest players on one knee praying? Hoping? Pleading for that fumble to be their ball, begging for that penalty to go the other way. Watching in shock as the snap sails high over the head of the QB.

How many games have come down to crunch time & a certain holder bobbles the snap? Or a QB who has thrown 6 Ints & fumbled twice marches his team to within FG range for a chance at an OT win?

How many tipped passes have gone back for defensive TD's? How many punts have been shanked or blocked resulting in outstanding field position or a TD late in the 4th qtr? How many kickoff returnmen have lost sight of the ball in the sun or in the stadium lights?

I'm asking...I'm kindly suggesting...I'm just saying...

Please, add random unpredictability to this great game. Sometimes the thrill of chance, luck, and a fortunate bounce of the football can cause an entire stadium to raise to its feet in pure and utter jubilation!

Thanks,
Izzy-
For the record, I'd like to state that NFL 2K5 is BEAST in the tipped passes for INT's category. Maybe a little too good haha.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
How would you implement that unpredictability in a game? Do you mean just for the CPU, like a top quarterback throwing int after int, or a great rb fumbling alot in a single game like they were having a bad day, or are you talking about things like blocked field goalds and punts not happening often enough especially in tight game situations?
heavier momentum, maybe a variance in ratings on a game to game basis. A "consistency" Rating could help decide this. Many NFL players can be labeled as inconsistent.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

There should also be equal reactions to events that rarely happen by the players, announcers, and crowd. Think about the stunned look on players faces when something crazy happens.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

Ian, I'd like to know your take on this type of thing and if you think it adds a unknown element to gameplay, or if you don't think its a feasable idea/concept...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »