Home

Old 04-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Franchise Mode Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
its cool...awwww it looks so pretty now

edit: i like your ideas..it seems like a combination of HC09 & the NBA Live 09 free agent signing process in a way. But its been said a few times before that the franchise mode will be getting a "shot of the juice" this year so to speak.
yea i really hope it gets as much juice as barry bonds then you know its gonna be the best franchise mode ever haha
Old 04-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

I like the ideas because in both madden and Head coach if you were willing to shell out the cash you could sign anyone. This is very unsim and forces players to estup house rules. IRL Im positive Albert Haynesworth(sp) would not have gone to the lions even if they paid him more money....well maybe hes a greedy boy lol but yall get the picture.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I like the ideas because in both madden and Head coach if you were willing to shell out the cash you could sign anyone. This is very unsim and forces players to estup house rules. IRL Im positive Albert Haynesworth(sp) would not have gone to the lions even if they paid him more money....well maybe hes a greedy boy lol but yall get the picture.
exactly.
haynesworth had a few set teams he wanted to sign with which were bucs,skins, and a couple others cant remember who. but yea basically use a system where players have certain teams they wanna join so you cant just sign anybody you want.
using player roles will also help this happen and add more detail into the morale this will also help decide and add more realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 AM   #12
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

OVR: 10

What I would like is to make free agency something of a combination of the NCAA recruiting and for less high profile free agents, it should be more of a tryout with the team, especially incoming rookie free agents.

Each player should have a list of interests in categories like financial security, location, hometown teams, schemes, coach prestige, championship contender, etc. just like on NCAA and each team should be rated in each category just like on NCAA. I know they have a broken form of this already... but just make it like NCAA. Haha, it works there. It could be better, but it's a start at least.

Lower profile players though should have to go through workouts with the team and things of that ilk as it's more of an onus on the player to impress the team rather than the other way around. Maybe have this scaled on ratings or past performance or a combination of the two as far as which category players fall into.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
What I would like is to make free agency something of a combination of the NCAA recruiting and for less high profile free agents, it should be more of a tryout with the team, especially incoming rookie free agents.

Each player should have a list of interests in categories like financial security, location, hometown teams, schemes, coach prestige, championship contender, etc. just like on NCAA and each team should be rated in each category just like on NCAA. I know they have a broken form of this already... but just make it like NCAA. Haha, it works there. It could be better, but it's a start at least.

Lower profile players though should have to go through workouts with the team and things of that ilk as it's more of an onus on the player to impress the team rather than the other way around. Maybe have this scaled on ratings or past performance or a combination of the two as far as which category players fall into.
yea that sounds like it could be a good idea, but it would take a long time for them to put that kinda stuff in madden i think just based on how far they havent came yet. obviously ian is doing a great job and madden 10 looks awesome so maybe it could happen in the near future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »