Home

Your Best Madden Experience (Any Year)

This is a discussion on Your Best Madden Experience (Any Year) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Your Best Madden Experience (Any Year)

There are plenty of things we can and have complained about.

Here is a chance to reflect on your best experiences. Whether it was a great game or a fantastic 20 season Franchise.

Think of this as a chance to help pass the time when waiting for more news about Madden 10 (or whatever).

Last edited by marktg30; 04-01-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Your Best Madden Experience (Any Year)

Madden 98 PS1.

It wasn't monumentally different from 97 which was a solid game, except that in 98 they blew presentation out, and some of what they did presentation-wise with Madden 98 still stands up well today.

I'm hoping for a repeat of that with Madden 2010.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

The first time I got a 10 game win streak on Madden 2005 with the Indianapolis Colts. I felt so cool using Peyton Manning just like in real life with the single back, the hot routes and everything. That was the first time I really got excited about Madden.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Mine would actually have to be in Madden 08. My second season with the Browns.

I was in the AFC Championship in Cleveland.

After an insanely close game (tied at 20) I had the ball on the Denver 37 with :15 seconds left.

Trying to get the ball into FG range I dropped back with Brady Quinn looking for Braylon Edwards on a 10 yard out pattern.

Champ Bailey picks the ball off and sprints down the sidelines for the game winning score with :00 on the clock.

Perhaps the most crushing and most exciting game I have ever played in Madden.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Madden 2005 Xbox

Best Madden of all time. No doubt. Most realistic version I've played to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Madden 04 on the PC, was the Cardinals and successfully built them up and moved them to LA.

Madden 06 on Xbox played as the Redskins - drafted a great RB then pulled off a big trade sending Clinton Portis to Carolina for Jake Delhome. The following year got TO in free agency and won the Super Bowl (my only time in a Madden game).

BTW, that RB I drafted is still going strong after 7 years and over 10,000 yards.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Madden '98 and Madden '03 were my favourites. I never cared much for Madden before '98 as I felt the player momentum felt like guys on skates. But the first year they went polygon and added the juke move, I was in heaven. I loved '98 and I played that game with the Blimp cam. One year (not sure when but soon after), my brother and I just did a sim 30 year franchise. I won two Superbowls with Miami while my brother got fired two or three times before finally sticking with Tampa Bay. However, he won three Superbowls. He also constantly abused the trade logic trading backup centers to the cpu for first round picks.

Madden '03 was my favourite PS2 game and I played the heck out of it. I still remember having a lefty, scrambling QB for the Dolphins and he was a blast. At least until the next exciting QB prospect came along.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Mine was with Madden 2001 or 2002.

Playing as the Raiders I get to the Super Bowl (Gannon, Brown, Rice, Garner, etc) and take on Tampa Bay, a season or two before this happened in real life. Anyway Tampa comes out fast and I'm down 21-0 early, I can do nothing right. Now, although those Raiders passed a ton IRL, I always prefer to run the ball. I say to myself "Well, I'm either going to lose this 60-0 or get back in it it' and decide to just air it out.

I chip away and I'm down by 4, 5 or 6 going into the two minute warning. I get the ball and start driving, reaching the Tampa 30 with 5 seconds left - one play for the Super Bowl. Gannon drops back, spots a receiver....and hits Tim Brown in the back of the endzone - TOUCHDOWN RAAAAAAAIDERS. Tim Brown then promply retires, and I just nod and think 'that's about right.'

(Oh, the good ole days....)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »