Home

Old 04-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Breaking down the "fake" screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan2009
Phobia I think that if the QB drops back any further that changes the angle that the DEs rush at and then they can come up field. The DEs should be quite a bit faster than the Ts and have a jump off the ball. Thus if the QB stays in the pocket the DEs have to go through or around the Ts instead of just beating them up field.
In reality yes, but will it be implemented in madden correctly. It has not been this way ever in madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

I can't tell if this thread started out in a serious manner because that clearly is a PS2 screenshot...

Or at least the crowd does. Yeesh graphics could look better.

Last edited by Joborule; 04-01-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #27
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
My big concern is the pocket. Here is why. You can clearly see there is a much better defined pocket. But what is going to still stop the 20 yard drop backs. Will the tackles only drop back in regard to the play (example 3 step, 5 step, 7 step). With they continue to drop back with the QB then we will still face the ever prone 20 yard drop back and pass.
From what I can guess, Warner would be more inclined to step up in the pocket due to the blindside rusher having a beam on him. If he steps up, the OL going to the free rusher would have a better angle to block. If he drops back, he is sacked for sure.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hear ya Phobia. To me it seems against the cpu the DEs will come up field if you drop back but thats a good question when playing against a user. I think it really depends if suction blocking is fixed.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
I can't tell if this thread started out in a serious manner because that clearly is a PS2 screenshot...

When did a playstation ever have A,B, and Y buttons?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

The picture is horribly compressed. Don't look at the graphics.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan2009
I hear ya Phobia. To me it seems against the cpu the DEs will come up field if you drop back but thats a good question when playing against a user. I think it really depends if suction blocking is fixed.
We can only hope it will work correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #32
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule

This first screen is PS2, the new one is M10 with a terrible photoshop overlay of the "vision cone 3.0"

Even if someone were somehow fooled by this, Ian's first paragraph shows us that it is a joke:

Quote:
Two days ago we added a new blog detailing the addition of a lot of new sliders and options to Madden NFL 10. This was met with a seemingly luke-warm reaction by some, as most were expecting a much more juicy feature or more in-depth gameplay information. So after talking with our marketing partners, we were able to all agree that we could release one feature that we are really excited about to try and appease those that may have been upset with the customization blog post.
This is hardly anytihng that would REALLY happen. The Blog and Ian's interaction with us is fantastic and even though some may be bored by the "little" things, the LAST thing EA or Ian would do is try "to appease" us. They try to give us the bet game even and want our input, but not appease and that is a key word alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »