Home

The Jay Cutler saga...

This is a discussion on The Jay Cutler saga... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The Jay Cutler saga...

PGaither84 thinks that "player x is arrested for having 37 guns and a dead hooker in his trunk, he won't be able to play this week" was halrious.

PGaither84 remembers in madden 06 there was newspaper and a type of moral and interest feature and "games played/started" stats. Players expect to start so many games and PGaither84 also remembers there were problems at first when you run a 3-4 and your 2ed MLB complains about not starting while your 2ed DT was concidred a started but was almost never on the field.

There was a lot that 06, 07 and 08 on PS2/Xbox did well in franchise mode that also didn't upset the NFL to PGaither84's knowledge and makes PGaither84 wish M10 or at least M11 would bring back.

P.S.
"Werewolf?"
"There wolf [points.] There Castle[points.]"
"Why are you talking that way?"
"I thought you wanted me to."
Old 04-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

adembroski is confused by the persistent use of 3rd person.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Pnutt thinks that morale and discipline both need to be ratings for players.

Pnutt doesn't think there should be things like dead hookers or anything but definitely if a player gets benched or isn't given a contract he'll be disgruntled and bring down the whole team.

A discipline rating could also factor into how often a player is penalized or if a wide receiver flips out for not getting a PI call... oh I forgot to say Pnutt thinks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnutt6
Pnutt thinks that morale and discipline both need to be ratings for players.

Pnutt doesn't think there should be things like dead hookers or anything but definitely if a player gets benched or isn't given a contract he'll be disgruntled and bring down the whole team.

A discipline rating could also factor into how often a player is penalized or if a wide receiver flips out for not getting a PI call... oh I forgot to say Pnutt thinks.
That reminds me.. We need FINES.. who doesn't get find in the NFL nowdays.. besides Tom Brady.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa07jones
That reminds me.. We need FINES.. who doesn't get find in the NFL nowdays.. besides Tom Brady.
Ah I forgot about that one. Could tie into using the hit stick either too late or on a defenseless receiver. Or hitting a sliding quarterback.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #14
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Great idea. Don't know if the NFL or the NFLPA would allow EA to do this because it relfects badly on the brand.

Remember, EA had to remove the ambulance coming on the field, late hits and other cool/realistic features.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Great idea. Don't know if the NFL or the NFLPA would allow EA to do this because it relfects badly on the brand.

Remember, EA had to remove the ambulance coming on the field, late hits and other cool/realistic features.
Yea that's what I was thinking, but if it's soft like "late hits" I see no harm in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla

All Andy wants is a system similar to what is in nba 2k8

if the nba's union didn't get their panties in a bunch for that, why would the nflpa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »